GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Tails, and why you should get them.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
$700? group buys? What the hell are you guys thinking? You do know the tails are $400 shipped right?

$700 are for the OEMs, the replicas are around $400 shipped which is still a bit steep but one could argue the point easier. A group buy of the replicas for around $350 shipped would make the choice easy.

Again, I am waiting to see how the replicas that have been installed by members hold up before going that route.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
No gummies for me, dont care one bit. Tails transformed my car.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
^^ let me guess, from eBay right?

You do realize the VACAR aka ebay lights are VW OEM lights that are for the Asian VW cars. They are the exact same just made by a different company, so in other words you want to pay more for the same lights just because they come from Europe rather then Asia.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
$700 are for the OEMs, the replicas are around $400 shipped which is still a bit steep but one could argue the point easier. A group buy of the replicas for around $350 shipped would make the choice easy.

Again, I am waiting to see how the replicas that have been installed by members hold up before going that route.

Again, they are not replicas but alright.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
You do realize the VACAR aka ebay lights are VW OEM lights that are for the Asian VW cars. They are the exact same just made by a different company, so in other words you want to pay more for the same lights just because they come from Europe rather then Asia.

Had not heard that. So if you open up a new GTI in Asia, it will say Vacar on the back instead of Hella?

chino246

Ready to race!
Just installed mine yesterday. Love these things!!:happyanim:

Attachments

• DSC_0485.jpg
    DSC_0485.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 393

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Hhhmmmm, trying to figure out how that sentence went together. LOL

Exact same....made by a different company. Good, got it....same, but different. :lol:

Replicas, aftermarket, same but different, whatever you want to call it, they are NOT factory OEM parts (and yes, the factory OEM are not made BY VW, no car company makes their own lights, suspension, electrical, or steering/cooling parts).

Does that matter? No, not really, I have no issue with aftermarket parts, there's nothing wrong with them as long as they are made in a quality way. I have been selling and using aftermarket parts for over 18 years.

That is why I said I would wait to see how they hold up. if you can read Chinese and point us to a Chinese forum where they are talking about how awesome the VACAR lights are and they never fail, awesome, put it up there. I can't, so I have no idea the quality of the aftermarket/replica/same but different parts.

:D

bmallicote

Passed Driver's Ed

They just make the car sexy!

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Hhhmmmm, trying to figure out how that sentence went together. LOL

Exact same....made by a different company. Good, got it....same, but different. :lol

Replicas, aftermarket, same but different, whatever you want to call it, they are NOT factory OEM parts (and yes, the factory OEM are not made BY VW, no car company makes their own lights, suspension, electrical, or steering/cooling parts).

Does that matter? No, not really, I have no issue with aftermarket parts, there's nothing wrong with them as long as they are made in a quality way. I have been selling and using aftermarket parts for over 18 years.

That is why I said I would wait to see how they hold up. if you can read Chinese and point us to a Chinese forum where they are talking about how awesome the VACAR lights are and they never fail, awesome, put it up there. I can't, so I have no idea the quality of the aftermarket/replica/same but different parts.

:D

Well, Hella has a great reputation....Vacar...well, never heard of them until recently. To each their own, happy for anyone that gets either one.

chino246

Ready to race!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I have no idea why they stripped them off the US release of the R (Yes, I know, some odd DOT rules in IL or whatever, bah).

Unless they come with a hooker. Wait, DO they come with a hooker?

IL??? you mean, the United States DOT? :laugh:

They don't come with a hooker, but I did blow my load after installing them.