GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mad MK6

madmycal

Ready to race!
Update:

I've been doing a ton of research on the swap details before ordering any significantly expensive hardware... I've been talking with a few industry leaders trying to get as much detail on paper before having a bunch of hardware collecting dust that does not function as it should. I want to thank these individuals for their time answering some of my questions: Issam (iABED Industries), John Staffi (Unitronic), Fred (United Motorsports), JR (U-20T), R-Performance Poland, HPA, Marcel (P-Motorsports), TVS Engineering, the crew at Don Octane, and Team HST.

I've learned quite a bit in the last couple weeks and will be sharing some of that information as the build moves along.

That's all for now... I am closer to ordering up a DQ500 from Issam, but still working out the wiring/communication hurdles before jumping the gun!

Last edited:

madmycal

Ready to race!
Got a bit side tracked and picked this up to keep me busy while waiting for overseas contacts to get back to me...

It's an 81' Yamaha Virago XV920

IMG_9637.JPEG

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Don't know shit about bikes but that's a nice bike

torga

Autocross Champion
Holy shit, beaaaautiful bike. I also don't know much about bikes, but I know a gorgeous bike when I see one.

madmycal

Ready to race!
Don't know shit about bikes but that's a nice bike
Holy shit, beaaaautiful bike. I also don't know much about bikes, but I know a gorgeous bike when I see one.
That'd keep your legs warm :oops:

Thanks guys!! I love it and it's been over 15 years since I've been on a bike... Tons of fun and a great distraction.

---------------

No major updates on the GTI at the moment. Body shop appointment is getting close and I'm about to start stripping down the A3...

lucas.mk6

Thanks guys!! I love it and it's been over 15 years since I've been on a bike... Tons of fun and a great distraction.

---------------

No major updates on the GTI at the moment. Body shop appointment is getting close and I'm about to start stripping down the A3...
i'm a good year ahead now but i'm genuinely curious as to where the car is at right now? i'd love to see it's progress

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Same here,

Also, did you have any issues with the brake kit fitment on your ball joint/control arm setup?
Did you cut into your original fenders and then add the flares?
What turbo are you going to run to aim for 800/1000whp?
Profile says last seen in 2021 - I wonder if this thing got totaled or sumn...

lucas.mk6

Same here,
Also, did you have any issues with the brake kit fitment on your ball joint/control arm setup?
Did you cut into your original fenders and then add the flares?
What turbo are you going to run to aim for 800/1000whp?
Profile says last seen in 2021 - I wonder if this thing got totaled or sumn...
or it became an abandoned/deviated project:( hoping it ain't the case

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
2door GTI FTW! Amazing build!!!