GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Matt's Mk6 GTI

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Just read this whole thread. Looking great!

The bags, they really finished it all off. :drool:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Just read this whole thread. Looking great!

The bags, they really finished it all off. :drool:

Naaahh.. xenons, exhaust, and wheels will finish it off. Lol are we ever really "done" though?

Matt,

The car looks great!! congrats on all the new toys..

Agreed Canyon run is needed!

Thanks man! I'm still getting everything dialed in but it's definitely been a learning process. I think there's a few guys heading up Angeles Crest this Sunday, though; I'll make it if I can get an alignment done in time. You should cruise out too if you can.

Car looks great man. Uber jealous of the bag setup.

Thanks dude, being bagged is a life goal I can happily say I've finally achieved. Lol I'm jealous of your clutch and OEM xenons though

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Naaahh.. xenons, exhaust, and wheels will finish it off. Lol are we ever really "done" though?

No. I don't think I'll ever be done with my car. The list just keeps going and going. I have heard from so many people that the small mods come first, and then over time it just gets to the point where you're spending $1,000+ for each mod. :laugh:

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
I'm at that point now haha but I love every penny I have spent and it will never stop

2012 Vw Gti DSG Unitronic stage 2 , k04 , CTS TBE , unitronic intercooler , Apr Cai

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Hey man,

Finally got the exhaust finished up and put up a vid in my build thread if you want to check out how it sounds.

I rode around by hippiesrock a bit yesterday and he has a eurojet (not sure what dp) and I think it sounds pretty similar, maybe a tad quieter.

Those new bags of yours are pretty crazy man! Never been in a bagged car before, how does the ride/ handling feel compared to stock?

sskamboj

Ready to race!
Thanks dude, being bagged is a life goal I can happily say I've finally achieved. Lol I'm jealous of your clutch and OEM xenons though

Haha I still have to achieve my goal of bagging the car but that won't happen until I get another car. I've got something interesting coming I think you'll like as well ;)

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I'm at that point now haha but I love every penny I have spent and it will never stop

I'm with you man—we're investing in our happiness, not dumping money into an endless pit. Okay well maybe we're doing both, but regardless I've made my peace with it.

Hey man,

Finally got the exhaust finished up and put up a vid in my build thread if you want to check out how it sounds.

I rode around by hippiesrock a bit yesterday and he has a eurojet (not sure what dp) and I think it sounds pretty similar, maybe a tad quieter.

Those new bags of yours are pretty crazy man! Never been in a bagged car before, how does the ride/ handling feel compared to stock?

That sounds good man! Not a bad price tag, either.

My bag setup has so many settings I haven't even touched yet, and I'm still getting used to the different driving dynamic, but it rides like a dream—like I'm riding on air! It's super smooth and really effortless with the e-Level.

Haha I still have to achieve my goal of bagging the car but that won't happen until I get another car. I've got something interesting coming I think you'll like as well ;)

Ohhh shit what are you up to?!

I feel you on having a second car, it would make life much easier to be able to leave the GTI down for a few days at a time. But I can now say from experience that it's possible!

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
When I was researching getting bags I always wondered what presets people rode at, what to expect, et cetera. So here's how I set my e-Level up. I'm planning on adjusting the front struts up another 1/4" for more lift and functionality, but I'm slowly getting everything dialed in.

Position #3 (Raised/Extra Clearance), 24.5" FTG:

Position #2 (Ride Height), 23.5":

Position #1 (Low Cruise), 22.5":

All Down, ~21.5":

Last edited:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
This car is gorgeous. :drool:

I really like the look of a bagged GTI with the Detroit rims.

GOODS

Ready to race!
Dope build thread Matt! :headbang:

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I went through all the pages and though the low bagged thing is not my type of thing, I do admire the hard work and fact your keeping the car so clean in the process. Very Nice.

Just Curious what you guys do for work out there in LA? My ex wife by court order gets my mod money every month haha :yikes:

Such is life.

Doing a great job!! Would love to have a VW Club down here where I am would be nice to just have a group like that.

Jeff