GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My .:R Journal

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Well it's been awhile since I updated, so here it goes ... earlier this month the shittiest thing happened, I was late for work, I peeled out of my neighborhood and a CEL popped up

It was a misfire in cylinder 4, IDK the code, I erased it and haven't seen it since so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I hope none of this has to do with that earlier money shift.

Edit: I think it was because my engine was cold ... No more CEL

Last edited:

Mindfields

Ready to race!
The good: The shifts are tight, and lots shorter. Feels great !

The bad: The change pocket with my quarters just clank around ! I guess I'm not going to carry change anymore !

The ugly: For some reason I don't have to press the shifter down to engage reverse.

I wonder if this is normal ?

I'll keep you updated, I called Dieselgeek and left a message, I think everyone is on holiday so I'm not expecting any reply soon.

Edit: called DG and their rep was very nice, said I had too much SS vs less like most and they mostly can't get it in reverse. Everything is fixed ! Way to go DG great customer service!

Last edited:

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Last gripe !

I've been trying to get a stock HPFP so I can send mine to get built by APR. I've been waiting on another member on another thread to send the "loaner" fuel pump. I'm really thinking I missed out on this opportunity... oh well better luck next year (5 more days!)

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Looking good

Yeah forgot to load the pic of the Dieselgeek, hopefully soon the pic will be in.

Edit: Also had my Enkei Fujins powder coated white. The place that did them did a horrible job and tried to cover it up with paint !?! I guess they thought I was stupid !
So I'm trying to get my money back and spending my down time taking the paint off the powder coat :(

Last edited:

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Finally installed my SPM DP ! Damn the cat less is loud! But I'm cool with it ... Intake noise, clutch chatter, DV , shoot I should just re install the soundaktor again lol

zrickety

The Fixer
Cool car, looks like you got a good one. Need some gratuitous pics.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
For some reason I feel that this car needs some more power sooner, I mean she is a beast WOT, but the lower RPMs seems a bit slow, but that does make better for the commute :)

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Got a stock intake, I like how much cleaner the engine bay is, I really wanted to run a TTS cover with the Volant intake, that looks the best IMO.

The stock has better low end but suffers at WOT, IDK if I can sacrifice power for looks !

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Been actually kinda happy with the stock intake, I need a high flow dry filter, but I've been hitting 22lbs of boost, which is like 2 more than the Volant and 3-4 more than the VWR.

I'd like to get a VWR can up front and run without the VWR filter, just a drop in, for the looks and some more air flow. Going to wait to get one under $200

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Screw the 22 ... Coming home from a road trip ... 27lbs of BOOOST!

Had her in sixth gear and she just kept going!