GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Myth-Busted: 2.0 TSI upgraded injectors mystery solved.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Anyone know if Golf R MkVII fit our car? And how much more they flow?

I believe they directly plug and play. I talked to Ryan (Hyde16) and I believe he said he is running these. They definitely flow more than stock but still less than the ZZP injectors. From what he said though he was having issues with the spray pattern of the ZZP and getting them to fit correctly and the slightly more flow wasn't worth the trouble of getting them to fit. I plan on running these along with aux port fuel once I start doing my big turbo build. Maybe he will see this and chime in though.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if Golf R MkVII fit our car? And how much more they flow?

I believe they directly plug and play. I talked to Ryan (Hyde16) and I believe he said he is running these. They definitely flow more than stock but still less than the ZZP injectors. From what he said though he was having issues with the spray pattern of the ZZP and getting them to fit correctly and the slightly more flow wasn't worth the trouble of getting them to fit. I plan on running these along with aux port fuel once I start doing my big turbo build. Maybe he will see this and chime in though.

I was the first Gen 2 TSI to test the MK7 R injectors on our car through Pag Parts Turbo. I can’t comment on the flow rates as they are obviously dynamic but they do flow slightly less than ZZP’s but definitely more than MK6 GTI. I could tell this based on my LT fuel trims and adjustments to injector constant (higher than GTI, lower than ZZP). The MK7 R injectors are truly a plug and play injector for some more fuel. I unfortunately spliced my factory harness for the ZZPs then had to splice them back for the MK7 Rs. This weekend I’ll be installing a brand new fuel injector harness.

Contact Arnold at Pag Parts for your set of injectors. Arnold is always on the leading edge of testing cross functional parts in our setup.

Pag Parts Turbo - (347) 248-5239

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Do you know what is the max HP for those by any chance?

Poking around on the mk7 forums I see people saying around 450whp. That's also on the R so AWD but also the gen 3 motor which may get mroe power out of the same amount of fuel :iono: but I would agree with Cadubya and say low 400s

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Poking around on the mk7 forums I see people saying around 450whp. That's also on the R so AWD but also the gen 3 motor which may get mroe power out of the same amount of fuel :iono: but I would agree with Cadubya and say low 400s
I would say low 400s as well based on what I am hearing from my VW buddies.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I would say low 400s as well based on what I am hearing from my VW buddies.

So it's settled, over 9000 HP from stock mk7 R injectors.

mars2

Ready to race!
I found this on the GTI 7 forum:
You can make about 400whp on E30 with stock fueling. It will vary based on a bunch of factors. That's probably on the edge though. I made 381whp on E30 in very poor conditions, tried to bump to E40 and the rail pressure plummeted. In cooler temps I'd probably lose pressure on E35. That doesn't give you any margin for error on the blend.

If you move more air than an IS38, you will need to address the fuel system in some way to run E30.

91 sucks pretty badly, so E30 is probably better, but you won't be able to fuel all the air the turbo can provide. On the flip side, you can fuel a lot more air on gasoline, but with 91 it's not going to take any timing.

The HPFP has drawbacks, but there are IS38 guys running full E85 with just a $400 HPFP. That mod would allow you to use the potential of the turbo with enough octane to put some timing in the car. Running high boost with low octane is dangerous, even if you keep the timing low. There's just not a large margin for error. Personally id rather have the octane and the timing, and keep the boost lower if you run out of fuel pump. Keep an eye on it though, when you hit the pump limits rail pressure goes down FAST.

That 380 WHP on E30 is for GTi injector's that if I get it good have a bit smaller injector than R. And look like the limiting factor is the HPFP ( I have a VIS stage 2 HPFP tuning at 190 Bar. my car is ROW)
So with R injector and a HPFP look like something like 420 to 430whp with 93 gazoline could be the limit of the injector's? What do you think?

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I found this on the GTI 7 forum:
You can make about 400whp on E30 with stock fueling. It will vary based on a bunch of factors. That's probably on the edge though. I made 381whp on E30 in very poor conditions, tried to bump to E40 and the rail pressure plummeted. In cooler temps I'd probably lose pressure on E35. That doesn't give you any margin for error on the blend.

If you move more air than an IS38, you will need to address the fuel system in some way to run E30.

91 sucks pretty badly, so E30 is probably better, but you won't be able to fuel all the air the turbo can provide. On the flip side, you can fuel a lot more air on gasoline, but with 91 it's not going to take any timing.

The HPFP has drawbacks, but there are IS38 guys running full E85 with just a $400 HPFP. That mod would allow you to use the potential of the turbo with enough octane to put some timing in the car. Running high boost with low octane is dangerous, even if you keep the timing low. There's just not a large margin for error. Personally id rather have the octane and the timing, and keep the boost lower if you run out of fuel pump. Keep an eye on it though, when you hit the pump limits rail pressure goes down FAST.

That 380 WHP on E30 is for GTi injector's that if I get it good have a bit smaller injector than R. And look like the limiting factor is the HPFP ( I have a VIS stage 2 HPFP tuning at 190 Bar. my car is ROW)
So with R injector and a HPFP look like something like 420 to 430whp with 93 gazoline could be the limit of the injector's? What do you think?

I think you're lucky since the only option for HPFP on american cars is 2k.

mars2

Ready to race!
I would like to get 420 CHP on 100% E85.
I have at the moment VIS Stage 2 HPFP and AEM 340 E85 LPFP and Audi B8.5 flexfuel injector's.

Here GTI 6 on 100% E85 with Stage 1 VIS , TTRS LPFP and ZZP injector make 390 CHP and 510 Nm with a KO4 and C2 motorsport tune
https://www.facebook.com/nkperformances/posts/2196314070581376

Here we go to 100% E85 because of price.

1 gallon E85 is: 2.85$
1 gallon 93 is: 6.95$

So price and performance it's a win win

Last edited:

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m going to install TTE480 on 2.0TSI engine. What injectors could you recommend for 450bhp setup? 0261500112? My tuner recommend 07K906036G.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I’m going to install TTE480 on 2.0TSI engine. What injectors could you recommend for 450bhp setup? 0261500112? My tuner recommend 07K906036G.
Best bet for plug and play is mk7 golf r injectors. You may need meth as well the get to that number. You doing rods too?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
Best bet for plug and play is mk7 golf r injectors. You may need meth as well the get to that number. You doing rods too?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I’m not sure mk7 golf r injectors are the best solution. To make new harness for 112 injectors isn’t hard work for me indeed but they have more capacity as I see. Forged rods are installed already.