GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Driver Looking for Some Advice R20

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Such insolence, such arrogance, must be contained.
If you guys are the definition of who drives a GTI, no thanks.

To be moderate, please simply make sure your first accident is not fatal. There's no need to stereotype either--if you can afford repairs, just don't **** somebody else's life up.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
There is a reason all race car drivers start off in kart racing rather than jumping right into the real thing. Learning how to drive a slow car well, then learning how to drive a slow car fast, are all prerequisites for learning how to drive a quick car well, fast, and safe.

:clap:

@OP - I fail to comprehend your arguement about insolence / arrogance; all that was unanimously agreed upon (cause it's a fact) was that you are way way way too young (i.e. inexperienced) to drive a 300bhp/ 400Nm rear wheel driven 1500 Kg (3300 pounds) car.
- If you're claiming you can "do it", that is arrogance; it's no video game.
- If you have just ignored all the advice given to you on this thread and blindly jumped from a GTI to an R20 to a 135i, well that is insolence.
- If you don't reasonnably understand all this, then you're worrying me even more and IMHO there's no point for this thread to continue.
Don't get me wrong you're young and so excited about getting a new car and you just want the fastest possible it's normal, we were all like that at your age, the problem really lies with your parents who are just plain blind to see that.:thumbdown:

Cannon03

Ready to race!
Such insolence, such arrogance, must be contained.
If you guys are the definition of who drives a GTI, no thanks.

Hey Hot, don't take it too personally. If I was in your shoes and was offered a new GTI or R, I would take it too. These guys are just trying to give you some advice. Later in life you'll look back and laugh and realize it was good advice all along. Hell, in 10 yrs the tables will be turned and you'll probably offer the same advice to someone in your current situation!

Cannon03

Ready to race!
:clap:Don't get me wrong you're young and so excited about getting a new car and you just want the fastest possible it's normal, we were all like that at your age, the problem really lies with your parents who are just plain blind to see that.:thumbdown:

Agreed...I bet most of us at that age would happily accept the keys. The parents on the other hand...:drinking:

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I'm jealous! If I got a GTI as my first car, I think I would have a lot more speeding tickets.... Tell your parents to get you a "fast" sedan, hell get that new Porsche sedan! or a 740il ;)

MattyGTi

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
hey junior. you've got a great choice for a first car. just dont be one of those people that tries to street race or does burnouts to impress your friends. ive been there and done that and after many years of waiting for the tickets to clear my record i look back and see how dumb i was when i first started driving. now days i always look at http://www.wreckedexotics.com/ every time i want to go out and drive fast, it kind of puts things in perspective for me. knowing that anything could happen no matter how good you are at driving. good luck.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
135i Monster... LOL.:lol:

What's an R20?:rolleyes:

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
I dont know why everyone assumes a young dirver is gonna crash his car if its new, I had a grand cherokee overland loaded with no accidents my brother got an sti, no tickets or accidents and he has had it for 6 years now

shahabdin

Ready to race!
I dont know why everyone assumes a young dirver is gonna crash his car if its new, I had a grand cherokee overland loaded with no accidents my brother got an sti, no tickets or accidents and he has had it for 6 years now

U and ur bro are probably one of the more sensible and careful drivers. Good keep it that way ;).
Statistics speak for themselves though. Almost majority of accidents are caused by under 25 age drivers with careless driving and speeding which is why insurance premiums are higher for the age range...

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
I'm almost 25 and my brother is 22 and I hope we keep it that way, I do agree that most kids are reckless I just feel its unfair to flame this kid without knowing him