GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NYCSuits Build

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Crappy Photo is Crappy....but installed LED mirror puddle lights. They are absurdly bright :cool:

Last edited:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Some installation notes...

You'll need to tap 2 wires in the CECM and add 2 Fuses. The hardest part of the installation was probably routing the harness from the RLS and Mirror down to the fusebox. I used trim removal tools too pry the headliner and stick in the harness rather than lowering the headliner and messing with the clips.

- 2 hour install including vagcom coding.
- features add: automatic wipers, headlights, and rain closure. Coming Home/Arriving Home is active for 20 seconds, 6 second delay on the auto headlights, auto wipers on 2nd to last sensitivity level, dimming rear view mirror. Total install was pricey but totally worth in IMO

Last edited:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Leaving Home/Coming Home :D ...I just need to order the LED interior lights. Thinking of sticking with OEM Philips from the dealer...or deautokey interior kit.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

Wash / Clay Bar / Adam's Quick Sealant / Collinite 845

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
OEM Led Interior Kit + 3 Philips LEDs (footwell light and glove box) to match the OEM kit

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Did you get the RLS windshield from local dealer?

If VW even stocked the windshield, they would overcharge for it. I went to a local glass shop rated highly on Yelp...I talked to the guy and double checked the brand so it matches the brand VW uses for their glass. Received it the next day from a local warehouse.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Car parts and boxes everywhere...

golf 6

Ready to race!
OEM Power Folding Mirrors (Puddle Lights, Driver's Blind Spot Mirror, Heated Mirrors, and Reverse Dip Mirror)

The total install took about 2 hours...I took my time because I didn't want to break any door clips or scratch my door panels. If anybody is looking to do this retrofit here are my suggestions...

1) Buy trim removal tools (7 bucks Harbor Freight for a 4pc set)...without them I would have easily broken a few door clips

2) Vagcom coding...add 131072 to whatever the value is for each door module. Vagcom will recognize the new door modules and provide the correct value. I got a bit confused here because of unclear instructions I found vwvortex but in the end everything works find

3) All the plugs can be easily removed...don't force anything or else you might crack the plastic on a plug like I did :(

4) Still haven't figured out the Vagcom coding for remote close but I'll get to it soon

http://vid164.photobucket.com/albums/u37/BG515M/Video_zpsmkracuyh.mp4

Where did you get the power folding mirrors I would love that mod

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Where did you get the power folding mirrors I would love that mod

I found a seller in the Netherlands who sold me an entire set off of a Golf R.

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
Where did you source the Windshield from? Also where did you get the lights you have in your Puddle Lights on side mirrors?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Where did you source the Windshield from? Also where did you get the lights you have in your Puddle Lights on side mirrors?

For the glass, I went to Corona Auto Glass out in Queens. They know pretty much every supplier in the tri-state area. I told them I wanted the saint-gobain sekruit brand and they were able to get it within 24 hrs.

The puddle lights are phillips t-10 bulbs. The power folding mirrors came with puddle lights but they were dim incandescent bulbs and barely lit the ground.