GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NYCSuits Build

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
For the glass, I went to Corona Auto Glass out in Queens. They know pretty much every supplier in the tri-state area. I told them I wanted the saint-gobain sekruit brand and they were able to get it within 24 hrs.

The puddle lights are phillips t-10 bulbs. The power folding mirrors came with puddle lights but they were dim incandescent bulbs and barely lit the ground.

Yea my mirrors I put in the bold-spot LEDs but they are nowhere near as bright as yours, I will have to give them a shot. Thanks!

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Received my OEM (German Version) Euro Cup Holder over the weekend...this won't be going in until the spring...hopefully I'll have my RNS510/9w7/RVC bought by then

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
Thanks for the link, I'll have to check those out. Also I have a 9W7 for sale if you're looking for something local :thumbsup:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

RNS510 Rev. J updated to L

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Great so far! How do you like the Akrapovic?

If I could keep only one mod on my car, it would be that exhaust. The sound and craftsmanship make it worth it for me

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Dimming Side Mirrors...creating the harness/wiring is going to be a lengthy process

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Aren't those super expensive? I hope you don't break them putting them in! Nice pick up for sure.

Thanks! I was able to get a used set but to be honest it still cost considerably more than a new set of oem aspherical mirrors...in addition to the mirrors, I'm expecting the wiring/connectors to cost around 50, if not more

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

9w7 Bluetooth Module M-Revision (ordered)
9w7 to RNS510 P'n'P Harness (ordered)

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Updated my RNS510 to the latest Revision Q w/ latest maps

Another issue to report with the car...a wheel lock seized on one wheel and the VW wheel lock key crumbled when used with an impact drill. They had to break the lock and replace them with regular bolts on all 4 wheels

There hasn't been a month where this car didn't have something go wrong with it...Everyday that goes by, I'm thinking of trading it in for a V60

koctnk

Very nice build, sir! :thumbup: I think I have the exact same bug as you, going so far the same route as you with all my mods (in my head at least) without ever seeing your page before. But so much $$$ for all of that, leaves you thinking sometimes...

Few questions:
Were you ever able to figure out the security code in vcds central electronics for the mirror fold/unfold with fob?
Have you managed to install dimming mirrors? Pics? Worth it? High beams from the inconsiderate are driving me insane!
What keeps happening to your car that leaves you wishing to get rid of it sometimes? Don't do that, you've gone so far!! (But dibs on the akra, cup holder, and RNS if you ever do ;) )