GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rob's OEM+ 2012 GLI

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Well while I understand this is the GTI/GOLF forums, it seems as though this place will be more helpful and more active than vortex. Thought I would share my 2012 GLI build on this site as well. So far working slowly towards making a more stout daily driver. More of my background can be found over on my vortex thread (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7038833-Rob-s-2012-Jetta-GLI/) and I really look forward to learning more as I get deeper into the VW world.

Not Yet Ordered
Ordered/On-Hand
Installed

ENGINE
OEM Piston Style DV
Unitronic Cold Air Intake System
Unitronic DV Relocation Kit
034Motorsports Street Density Motor Mount
Unitronic Stage 1+ Performance Software
Spulen TSI Turbo Outlet Pipe
Audi R8 Ignition Coils
Go Fast Bits DV+
Steve Petty Motorsports (SPM) 3" Downpipe
Spulen TSI Throttle Inlet Pipe
Unitronic Stage 2 Performance Software
Unitronic K04 Turbocharger
Unitronic Stage 2+ Performance Software
Audi S3 Intercooler
034Motorsports Catch Can

TRANSMISSION
Black Forest Industries Dogbone Insert
034Motorsports Street Density Transmission Mount
Unitronic Stage 2 DSG Software

SUSPENSION
H&R Sport Springs
034Motorsports Solid Rear Sway Bar
034Motorsports Spherical Rear Sway Bar End-links
ECS Tuning Upgraded Front Strut Mount Kit
Unibrace RB (Red)
Unibrace XB (Black)
Unibrace UB (Red)
034Motorsports Front Adjustable Sway Bar Links
034Motorsports Subframe Locking Collar Kit
Whiteline Front Control Arm Bushings
Whiteline Trailing Arm Bushings
Whiteline Rack and Pinion Bushing

BRAKING
Audi TTRS Big Brake Kit
USP Motorsports Stainless Steel Brake Lines
VW/Audi Genuine Brake Pads

MISC
USP Motorsports TCS/ESP Switch
European Halogen Headlight Housings
HELIX European Tail Light Set (Dark Cherry)
European Aspherical-Wide Angle Mirror Glass
OEM GLI Monster Mats
ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
Enkei PF01 Wheels (18x8, ET45)
P3 Cars Digital Boost Gauge
Double Apex USB Charger Kit

Last edited:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Looks great!

Buffgli

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what this part is? It is on the Scirocco TSIs and I have noticed that these are not on any of the USDM models. Is it a factory catch can?

If I'm not mistaken it's a "carbon canister" or "charcoal canister". Something to do with emissions iirc

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Is it just me or is your coolant level overly high?

Edit: The two photos where I can see your coolant look totally different... Hopefully the one you posted yesterday is the most recent one. The other photo looks really high.

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Is it just me or is your coolant level overly high?

Edit: The two photos where I can see your coolant look totally different... Hopefully the one you posted yesterday is the most recent one. The other photo looks really high.

I know one photo the car was cold and had been sitting for a while, the other is with the car on (one posted yesterday). :iono:

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Added a couple items to the list of parts that I will be looking into getting, also placed an order with ECS to get their upgraded front suspension install kit.

Last edited:

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Received my order from 034motorsports today. So far I am very impressed with the quality of the products. It looks like they put alot of R&D into their products and take pride while doing so. I cannot wait to install these parts and feel the difference compared to factory. Additionally, I am very satisfied with their customer service and Jeremy was a great person to work with when placing my order. I will definitely be looking into purchasing additional products from them in the future.

I also received one of two EURO headlights that I purchased from a seller in Germany. He had offered these at a deal that was hard to pass up. So far the headlight I receieved is is pristine condition. It looks practically brand new. I can not wait to get the other one and install them to get rid of the tacky amber/yellow reflectors that the USDM headlights have.

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Got some work done today. Started on getting the suspension done, I am having a very hard time with the fronts so I decided to call it a night. I will work on it some more later this weekend and hopefully will have some more updates.

Today got the mounts installed and also got the other headlight in the mail. So I installed them as well and I REALLY like how they look compared to the USDM ones.

Factory vs 034 Density

European Headlights

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Well time for another update; Got the front springs installed (which was a pain in the ass) and then went to go do the rears and my lug key ended up getting stripped because the rear lugs were on too tight. So that being said, was unable to get the wheels off so will have to knock out the rear springs and endlinks on a later date.

I also noticed that I have to get some VAGCOM coding for the headlights as the EURO ones do not have the sidemarker lights, my dash is showing a light out indicator and I am not a fan.

But I did manage to get the 034motorsport rear sway installed. Definitely a great piece and alot different than the stock piece.