GOLFMKV

Official Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Chat Thread

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Boom!

3.0?

[droc]

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks for the tips/offers about the vcds. the way the switch functions now, turns out, is fine by me, so I won't be touching anything further.

ps. nice Audi Meegis, looks fantastic from that angle. definitely wouldn't mind to see more pics of that.

Repooc

Ready to race!
i dunno if its just me, but my GTI feels incredibly peppy these past few days. I might be a combination of the dry roads, cold air and stickier winter tires.... but the acceleration is like 'instant on' when I step on it.

MKVIFrank

Passed Driver's Ed
i dunno if its just me, but my GTI feels incredibly peppy these past few days. I might be a combination of the dry roads, cold air and stickier winter tires.... but the acceleration is like 'instant on' when I step on it.

I just cleaned my APR Intake filter and the placebo speed increase feels super legit in this weather.

Repooc

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I need to get a new set of wiper blades for my '10 GTI... what brand should I be looking for to handle our GTA winter snow/ice (preferably something that can be used year round too).

I was thinking of heading over to Crappy Tire to pick up a set of Bosch blades (the kind that's a single piece of rubber, without the metal linkages that contours to the glass). Or is there another kind there I should consider... that can be locally picked up in the East-end GTA.

I'm assuming the stealership would be rape price anyways.

EDIT:
Just had a look on Rockauto.com a some other MK6'ers say that the Bosch "aero's" are the best for our cars (that's possibly what OEM is). However the pricing is ridiculous: $25 for front pair, $17 for rear, and $25 shipping.... about $66 to my door (might as well go to the stealership!). C'mon there's gotta be better pricing than that out there.

I know Crappy Tire sells Bosch, I'm just not sure if they are the "aero" model

Last edited:

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I need to get a new set of wiper blades for my '10 GTI... what brand should I be looking for to handle our GTA winter snow/ice (preferably something that can be used year round too).

I was thinking of heading over to Crappy Tire to pick up a set of Bosch blades (the kind that's a single piece of rubber, without the metal linkages that contours to the glass). Or is there another kind there I should consider... that can be locally picked up in the East-end GTA.

I'm assuming the stealership would be rape price anyways.

EDIT:
Just had a look on Rockauto.com a some other MK6'ers say that the Bosch "aero's" are the best for our cars (that's possibly what OEM is). However the pricing is ridiculous: $25 for front pair, $17 for rear, and $25 shipping.... about $66 to my door (might as well go to the stealership!). C'mon there's gotta be better pricing than that out there.

I know Crappy Tire sells Bosch, I'm just not sure if they are the "aero" model

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bosch-aerotwin-specialty-wiper-0219039p.html#.VJpfeF4DCU

crappy T lists the bosch aero wipers at "from" $40 each, dealership changed mine for $25 each last service. oem for about half the price, and you don't have to get your hands dirty.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up a set of OEM blades front and back yesterday since my drivers side one disintegrated. It was about 60 out the door. And 2 min to change out on my driveway. The OEM ones actually come with a wear indicator, which I'm guessing reacts to ultraviolet light. Kinda neat.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk