GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Any recommendations on something under 17.7lbs, forged, and has VW fitment? 18x8 or 17x8 preferred.

Thinking of changing up my EVO wheels for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on your price range. You know I can get you anything Volk and 18x8 or 18x8.5 will be at 17 lbs.

Advan are not forged but 18" are around 17 lbs for RS or RGIII.

RS in 17x8 are about 15.5"

It's all about how much you want to spend. I know the RGIII are in stock. Not sure if there are still the RS that I offered to you before. That was a clearance on those.

rpf1, not that it would look much different than your current setup though.

Not forged. But probably one of the best options

a3scott20

Ready to race!
RAYS RE30 CS 18 x 8J 47
7.5kg per one wheel
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG

RAYS ZE40 18 x 8J 50
7.6kg per one wheel
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG

kern417

Go Kart Champion
if i had known they made et50 sets i would have waited. i guess i know what i'll try to run next year then. i already have re30 though :D

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Yep only the RE30 CS and the new CSII are 18x8 +50. The CS were designed to clear 355mm Brembo GT kits. Not sure on the CSII yet. Those are sexy as hell.

ZE40 18x8 are 50 18x8.5 are 45

aregister

Ready to race!
Yep only the RE30 CS and the new CSII are 18x8 +50. The CS were designed to clear 355mm Brembo GT kits. Not sure on the CSII yet. Those are sexy as hell.

ZE40 18x8 are 50 18x8.5 are 45
This is a dumb question, but what is et and offset mean? I see talk about it all the time but the numbers mean nothing because i don't know what it measures

aregister

Ready to race!
So lower numbers look more flush with the wheel well and higher numbers keep them tucked in and more functional without scraping? Lower number it is lol

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
So lower numbers look more flush with the wheel well and higher numbers keep them tucked in and more functional without scraping? Lower number it is lol

Basically yes. But too high of an offset and you may not clear brake calipers though wheel design plays a huge part as well. And if you go wide you risk hitting the inside of the wheel against the shock.

zrickety

The Fixer
What's to test? It comes down to tires and pressures. 17s will always be lighter than 18s.