GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

Jhayesvw

Passed Driver's Ed
I just want to say thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread.
It proves there are people out here who use their cars in the spirit of the original
GTI,
This 12' GTI is my 17th VW and every one has been driven hard not hard parked.
Thanks,
Im looking into lightweight wheels to replace my Huffs (yes, i have mk5 wheels).
Research continues.

rpc07

Ready to race!
I just want to say thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread.
It proves there are people out here who use their cars in the spirit of the original
GTI,
This 12' GTI is my 17th VW and every one has been driven hard not hard parked.
Thanks,
Im looking into lightweight wheels to replace my Huffs (yes, i have mk5 wheels).
Research continues.

My mk6 gti has seen both sides of the fence from being at 22.75 ftg with 18x9.5 et30 wheels all around with crazy stretched tires and now being almost factory height with light enkei wheels and 245/40/17 conti dw's and all I can say is the car is way more fun on a daily basis the way it sits now. Sure it looked awesome dumped on the ground but driving it was a mess.

TheMadMan697

Volkswagen Racing (VWR) RacingLine Light Alloy Wheels 18x8 ET45

Volkswagen Racing (VWR) RacingLine Light Alloy Wheels 18x8 ET45

9kg (19.8lbs)

(Tyres Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40/18)

Last edited:

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Love Team Dynamics!!! which the above are. I do like the straight spoke profile that the 9 inch et35 offers more vs the more convex profile seen above. Hence what I rock.

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
They are technically a motorsport wheel, and while lightness is an asset , so is being able to take the abuse, there is a reason most of the grid in BTCC and many in WTCC use it. The fact that they are afordable is also a plus. A team has to buy many of these to be able to run a weekend event.

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425009639.292846.jpg

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed

zrickety

The Fixer
Sweet, I was wondering what was next for you.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I've been waiting for someone to get these! I bet they look great on the gti. In for pics on the car!

LOL...they're actually for my Passat :eek:

Sweet, I was wondering what was next for you.

These look great and have great specs! Being TSW it's a nice blend of quality and price, too. Look forward to seeing them on the car and what your impressions are.

They're the same weight as the TSW Interlagos I had (and sold), but those were only 18x8, ET45

So these will fit perfectly (no spacers needed) is the only difference. And the look is different too, obviously

Those look clean. In the first picture I thought the wheels were gloss pearl white with the edges of the spokes machined......

They do look like that in the pics, but they're Machined face/Silver....I kinda wish they were white to match my car though

How much did the TSW go for if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not gonna lie....I got hooked up on the price from my guy at the local Discount Tire

Pricing wasn't out when I ordered them, since they were a new release, so he just charged me the same price I paid for my TSW Interlagos (another rotary forged wheel), which was like $225/each

$1000 total "out the door" for the 4 wheels, tires mounted/balanced, lug bolts, the hub rings, & 6% sales tax.
(shipping was free from TSW too)

And then, on top of that, they had a $100 rebate for buying a set of wheels on one of the weekends...so I prepaid them in advance to get the rebate....so $900 total

But these will probably be around $1150-1200 for the wheels alone from most retailers (similar to the price of Nurburgrings)

I had the new tires already (got for cheap)....General Gmax's which are the lightest tire I could find in my size of 235/45/18 @ only 22.3lbs:

Wheel/tire combo weighs in at 41.4lbs: