GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I'm having a shop bore it then. It'll keep value in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
ran Neuspeed RSE07 18x8 et45 19.3lbs for a couple years on 225/40/18 Hankook evo v12s. Was very happy moving to them from VMR VB3s, and only made the move because the VMRs despite being 18x8.5 et45 wouldn't clear my BBK, but I wasn't seriously looking to change anything.

Did the lug bolt conversion a couple months later, only cuz they were offered to me by the guys who sold and installed the BBK on my car at dealer cost and free install (thanks Dave & AU Tuning), but didn't do the M14 to M12 conversion so I had tuner lug nut envy.

RotaryK seduced me into buying the ADVAN RS wheels in 17" when I wasn't even thinking of changing anything about my set up. I was looking for new wheels because I was sorta tired of the 7 spoke design, but I was looking at 18x8 or wider. The Advans are 17x8, et47 and a ridiculous 15.5lbs. Well-made paperweights are heavier, honestly.

Jshay but even more, RacingManiac influenced my thinking more and more towards beefier and beefier tires... 255/40/17 Hankook evo v12s.

Fender work has been done. I still need about 1.5 to 2 degrees of camber front and back. Camber plates are on deck. Thanks a lot guys... Where will this all end? Also, I need to learn to take a faqin' picture. I'm ashamed of how bad I make my car and wheels look, cuz in person they are really nice... smh.

what length are those studs?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
I would guess 80mm overall, if they just stick out of those lugs which are typically 2" long.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i have 80mm studs with a 25mm spacer the nut sits barely subflush of the bullet nose. it probably grabs 4 or 5 threads before torquing the wheel. i'd guess closer to 65mm.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
i have 80mm studs with a 25mm spacer the nut sits barely subflush of the bullet nose. it probably grabs 4 or 5 threads before torquing the wheel. i'd guess closer to 65mm.

Well 14-15mm of the stud is in the hub, 8mm or so is in the brake rotor, about 12mm is taken up by the wheel (which varies by wheel brand), and 50mm are taken up by the lug nut (~2"). I'm being generous on some of those but that gives me 84mm of overall stud length.

Now that we've done that exercise, I guess stevenchkim can just answer haha.

Also if you're only getting 4-5 threads with your setup thats about half of what you need. Thread engagement should be equal or greater than the width of the stud, which is 14mm. With 1.5mm thread spacing, you should get 9-10 full turns on the threads. I would jump to a longer stud with that much spacer.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Well 14-15mm of the stud is in the hub, 8mm or so is in the brake rotor, about 12mm is taken up by the wheel (which varies by wheel brand), and 50mm are taken up by the lug nut (~2"). I'm being generous on some of those but that gives me 84mm of overall stud length.

Also if you're only getting 4-5 threads with your setup thats about half of what you need. Thread engagement should be equal or greater than the width of the stud, which is 14mm. With 1.5mm thread spacing, you should get 9-10 full turns on the threads. I would jump to a longer stud with that much spacer.

http://www.race-studs.com/collections/m14x1-5/products/m14x1-5-acs-race-stud-65mm
this is what i use. only offerings are 65mm and 80mm. 65 was plenty before i ran spacers. one of my deep sockets would bottom out on the stud before the nuts were torqued. and with the spacers, the nuts held up to track duty no problem. maintained 100ftlbs after several sessions. and on my stock wheels it took closer to 8 threads, again with no issues.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion

Fuq, sorry, it's been like 4 months since I last came to the forum. They're 80mm as you guessed. I thought they looked super long, but hey, in case I needed to run spacers in the future for whatever reason, I didn't want to have to redo them.

PR_dub

Passed Driver's Ed
Joining the light wheel club, received these last week and now waiting on tires to mount them up.

Neuspeed rse10 18x8.5 et 45: 19.2 lbs. (neuspeed website) don't have a scale to check
Gonna br mounting toyo t1 sport tires 245/35r18 which I believe are 24.2 lbs. Making the setup below 44 lbs each corner.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Mounted these puppies up last week. :thumbup: Still waiting for a good opportunity for a clean car photo op :D

Yup....it's on the dining room table :D