GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

PR_dub

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the time to mount these on Friday before traveling Saturday morning for winter break.
Was dark when I left the shop Friday, so I don't have pic in daylight since I took my flight before sunrise Saturday.

Will post more pics of setup when I get travel back in January.

zrickety

The Fixer
Love those wheels.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Got the time to mount these on Friday before traveling Saturday morning for winter break.
Was dark when I left the shop Friday, so I don't have pic in daylight since I took my flight before sunrise Saturday.

Will post more pics of setup when I get travel back in January.

Love that bronze. I'll be getting similar ones in he spring

Sent from the future

PR_dub

Passed Driver's Ed
Love that bronze. I'll be getting similar ones in he spring

Sent from the future
Thanks man! Bronze looks good on almost any car, I like how it contrasts with the red.

Be sure to post up your setup when you get it!

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Thanks man! Bronze looks good on almost any car, I like how it contrasts with the red.

Be sure to post up your setup when you get it!

Yeah for sure. Mine is CW, and I can't wait [emoji12]

Sent from the future

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Bronze looks cool on CSG too :D

kern417

Go Kart Champion
finally sold my volk wheels. going to run racingline wheels this year and maybe get into something more exotic next go around.

how does et45 with a 235 fit? anyone have profile pics from front or rear? i'm hoping it's pretty flush.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
finally sold my volk wheels. going to run racingline wheels this year and maybe get into something more exotic next go around.

how does et45 with a 235 fit? anyone have profile pics from front or rear? i'm hoping it's pretty flush.

That's a 235/40 ventus v12 on 18x8 et45

Fitment is great and gives you lots of room for tire clearance
It's not as aggressive looking though, at least not with the hankooks
Most 235/40 run wider though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
no that looks perfect. i remember when i had 225s before i had some room but it was just close. plus i have a lot more camber now so it should fit just right. thanks for the closeup shot.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
no that looks perfect. i remember when i had 225s before i had some room but it was just close. plus i have a lot more camber now so it should fit just right. thanks for the closeup shot.

TBH 235's in general look really good on 8" wheels on our cars. I think I have a picture of a 18x8 et41 with a 235/40 continental DWS somewhere
I'll look for it

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i had them on my volk wheels, but the offset was higher. i actually had to run an 8mm spacer to make it flush. i wasn't sure if it would poke on a et45 or not.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
i had them on my volk wheels, but the offset was higher. i actually had to run an 8mm spacer to make it flush. i wasn't sure if it would poke on a et45 or not.

The Volks are usually 18x8 et48 I believe. I'm not sure though

This is the best picture of 18x8 et41 I have on a 235/40 continental dws

They say really flush and did rub the rear bumper tab til I shaved it

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah i know this isn't the best angle but this is a 235/40 with an 8mm spacer. whatever the offset was, it was way to high. the good thing was i never rubbed. i'm hoping et45 is flush while sitting on the hub.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Man I wanted those so bad :/ Someone local just ordered some re30 clubsport2 for his R.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Man I wanted those so bad :/ Someone local just ordered some re30 clubsport2 for his R.

Wait who???