GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rob's OEM+ 2012 GLI

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Good info. I thought the tune gives it a little more rpms between shifts?

Right now half throttle with upshifting around 2k it chokes before rebuilding boost.

It does shift a little later. Not by much in drive though. It still shifts too soon. It's like it doesn't know if it should build up boost or not. It's pretty dramatic too.

Say I'm half throttle and then start to give it some juice, it will up-shift just before optimal shift-point for the amount of throttle I'm giving it.

It's a little difficult to explain. But it definitely shifts too soon and buckles pretty heavily.

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
It does shift a little later. Not by much in drive though. It still shifts too soon. It's like it doesn't know if it should build up boost or not. It's pretty dramatic too.

Say I'm half throttle and then start to give it some juice, it will up-shift just before optimal shift-point for the amount of throttle I'm giving it.

It's a little difficult to explain. But it definitely shifts too soon and buckles pretty heavily.

Sounds about the same with mine as well. The DV+ seems to be helping it a little but the buck is still there. I've just learned to come off partial throttle near the shift points.

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Small update, received my VAGCOM cable on friday and added a couple convenience features:

Torque Steer Assist
ESC Defeat
Brake Assist
Refuel capacity on MFD
Windows Up/Down with Key Fob
Set Convenience Turn Signal to 4
Also messed around with the data logging feature as well.

Also took some time out of my weekend to go check out the new Golf Sportwagen at my local dealer. I must say that it is a very good looking car. They had a plethora of TDI models but only 1 TSI which was the base model. My wife definitely likes the Sportwagen and I think we will end up getting one here come early next year.

Also, they had one of this fine little cars there as well. The salesman kept trying to convince me to trade in my GLI for it, but with the pricetag it had, I think I'll pass for now. It is a gorgeous car as well, and glad I got to see one in person. The dealer said they have gotten no inquiries at all since they got it in... so maybe I'm not the only one who disagrees with the price tag.

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
Still pretty satisfied with what I have right now. Looking into a downpipe and then will up the boost a little more, no timeline and when I decide to do this.

Picture from the wash the other day.

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
So I did the DSG Adaptation Service the other day, really liking the difference in the shift points. Also installed an Newsouth Column Gauge pod in which I was not very satisfied, therefore I am selling it.

Oh, and I ordered a thing....

Last edited: