GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal OT Thread

corman1313

Ready to race!
Yes, just cover your intake with a plastic bag and any other electrical things you are worried about and take it to the car wash and wash it there. I've done this numerous times with my cars and everything has been ok.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Yes, just cover your intake with a plastic bag and any other electrical things you are worried about and take it to the car wash and wash it there. I've done this numerous times with my cars and everything has been ok.

Yeah, I guess I just gotta do it either really late or really early as Zeavys sometimes has staff there & they have signs up saying no engine bay washing.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I guess I just gotta do it either really late or really early as Zeavys sometimes has staff there & they have signs up saying no engine bay washing.

Be a rebel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Anyone running FK streetlines?

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Haha, if anyone knows me here, I'm totally not the type of person to break rules LOL

Totally saw you use a pressure wash station to bucket wash your car

corman1313

Ready to race!
Ohh hell no. All I use them for is their wash bays and water. Everything else is provided by me & I bucket wash every time. I've invested a lot into all my products haha
Same here. I see these fools dropping that brush on the ground and then scrubbing their dirty wheels with it and then right to washing their paint with it. Talk about swirls.

corman1313

Ready to race!
I always pay the max amount to get the 10 minutes or whatever it is so even when I'm hand washing the time is still ticking, so they really can't say anything.

I'm lucky to be able to use a hose at my work to use my Chemical Guys foam gun majority of the time. I will use the car wash if I have to.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
I'm already starting to save for the Neuspeed open house and have a question you guys may be able to help with. I plan on picking up the 25mm rear sway bar. I was told today that I should definitely get the sway bar links as well. What is the consensus on the sway bar links as well as the clamp/bushing kit vs. the standard bushing that come with the sway bar?

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
for the rear bar you dont need end links. stock ones are fine

no need for different bushings either.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
I'm already starting to save for the Neuspeed open house and have a question you guys may be able to help with. I plan on picking up the 25mm rear sway bar. I was told today that I should definitely get the sway bar links as well. What is the consensus on the sway bar links as well as the clamp/bushing kit vs. the standard bushing that come with the sway bar?
This was the thread that initially made me want them on mine: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18170

Is it needed, no. But is it a nice to have, definitely. I feel it's the same thing as running most lowering springs with stock dampers (yes some are made to run with stock dampers, let's ignore those exist just for the analogy :p). You can do it, but it's probably something you shouldn't do for long. My motto has always been do it right the first time so you don't have to do it a second time.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I would only get the end links if you're on coilovers as the end links play a big part in a corner balance. Otherwise I wouldn't say they're needed. I ran without for about a year with no issues.

Having said that, I REALLY like my end links and I feel like they have a big difference.