GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal OT Thread

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
anyone manual drivers local with a SS other than DG?

I'm running Neuspeed SS, stock shift knob, and 42dd bushings and I like it. But I haven't tried anything else so I'm curious. Hit me up for a test drive.

But the DG is so awesome :p

[emoji1] Yeah, they have a huge fan base but even most of them state that adding a heavier shift knob makes it better. I've always wondered but content with my Neuspeed and love the OEM shift knob. That said, a lot of people complain that the Neuspeed is too short. Definitely an individual thang [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone SexS using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, they have a huge fan base but even most of them state that adding a heavier shift knob makes it better. I've always wondered but content with my Neuspeed and love the OEM shift knob. That said, a lot of people complain that the Neuspeed is too short. Definitely an individual thang [emoji851]

I'm still on the OEM shift knob and it's great. I'm sure a heavier shift knob will make it better, but I'm content with what I personally have. I'll probably get a nice BFI shift knob some day though, but it's at the bottom of the list.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I have vwrs old shifter back when you could buy it feom APR.

I freaking love it. I'll never change if. Had it for almost 4 years

hmm, any idea what would be comparable to it that is currently on the market?

I'm running Neuspeed SS, stock shift knob, and 42dd bushings and I like it. But I haven't tried anything else so I'm curious. Hit me up for a test drive.

[emoji1] Yeah, they have a huge fan base but even most of them state that adding a heavier shift knob makes it better. I've always wondered but content with my Neuspeed and love the OEM shift knob. That said, a lot of people complain that the Neuspeed is too short. Definitely an individual thang [emoji851]

ok, perfect thanks. lets meet up on a weekend. I have a 600g weighted shift knob. IMO, that is too heavy for a "lazy" shifter like OEM, but it is perfect for the heavier DG shifter. For mine, I wouldnt want a lighter shift knob but possibly a 650g would be sweet. I have no idea how a 600g knob would feel on the Neuspeed shifter, but if it is like OEM I would look at knobs around 450g. Too heavy is not ideal, and too light is kinda pointless unless you just want to change shape. Funny how proper weight matching isnt brought up much.

EDIT: Oh dang, I just remembered you have an LSD!!! that will be awesome to check out. Also, Im a huge fan of DG springs, so it would be a treat to ride on those again. it's a damn perfect spring for our car.

I couldnt upload the close up photo that I just took, so gonna upload this far off shot and be lame and show off my brace. :p

Aphix

Go Kart Champion

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Funny how proper weight matching isnt brought up much.

Yeah, I tried a heavier Audi "S" shift knob last year and hated it. [emoji1361] The new APR short shifter linkage looks awesome. I especially like that you can fine tune the weight and throw on the linkage. I'm just waiting for reviews.

Dat TyrolSport hatch brace doe [emoji7]

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
It's all good man. I thought it was

where are you in socal? have you gone on any Last Sunday runs?

Yeah, I tried a heavier Audi "S" shift knob last year and hated it. [emoji1361] The new APR short shifter linkage looks awesome. I especially like that you can fine tune the weight and throw on the linkage. I'm just waiting for reviews.

Dat TyrolSport hatch brace doe [emoji7]

how heavy was the knob? good you have a benchmark. hmm, Im considering bushings.., the DG removes the shifter plate, if Im not mistaken, so I shouldnt have to replace the OEM plastic plate. better confirm that though, haha.

Love that :)

my humble thanks. euro brace has to be just as good for less than half. you just have to man up and drill, haha.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
how heavy was the knob?

The Audi S-line was 163grams. I don't recall what the OEM shift knob weighs but it is lighter.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
The Audi S-line was 163grams. I don't recall what the OEM shift knob weighs but it is lighter.

assuming you didnt like because it was too light. I wouldnt get anything under 350g regardless of shifter type.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
where are you in socal? have you gone on any Last Sunday runs?

I'm in the middle of the desert North of Barstow (ft Irwin).

I went on one back in September. The tricky thing for me is that I pull medevac duty about every other week. So 2 Sundays a month I'm working. I plan on going to this month's cruise but we will have to see

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
assuming you didnt like because it was too light. I wouldnt get anything under 350g regardless of shifter type.

The weight of the Audi S-line wasn't the issue. It was just too bulky. The Neuspeed SS is weighted so I'm not sure how a 350g knob would feel with my setup. I've always assumed people add heavy shift knobs because the DG SS is not "weighted". I guess it is a personal preference thing.