GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sputtering with a P0016 + more...

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
basically they are waiting for approval to replace the bent valves and the timing components, or replace the whole engine.

Either way it seems like a win-win, besides not being able to drive my baby. I just lowered her the day before she crapped out.:laugh:
:cry:

It seems as though this issue is far from common. Was I correct in believing there are no other threads about this issue on MK6?

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I do wish I was the technician working on it though! I should do forged internals while I'm at it LOL

mully

Ready to race!
I still can't believe another manufactuer has this issue. Honda does as well, but that was with aftermarket cams in.

allset

Go Kart Champion
are they going to work with u being tuned with warranty?

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
From what I take, yes. We are still in the process of receiving direction from VWoA though

Ejr

I suppose it is getting pretty serious. I have been told they are waiting for a response from VWoA to direct them in the right direction as far as what they should do next--VWoA should be in contact within 24 hours.

Timing is definitely out of rhythm, and I have been told it is either my timing chain or my damaged valve-train...or a culmination of a failed chain and damaged valve-train :mad0259:
I know it’s been ages but hopefully you find this. I’m yet another victim of these same codes. What ended up being the problem and how did they solve it, also at what cost?