GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2+ .:R vs multipule half mile drags on runway

hazy450

Passed Driver's Ed
My shifting was not my best seeing as if the only time I put the camera inside the car I missed third..lol I was letting off the gas on these shifts. 2 of the runs I just no lift shifted. No I don't need a WOT box....I don't do it a lot because it destroys syncros. I'm not gonna be able to get another video for a week or so because I'm getting a new clutch put in this week because I am prepping the car to go stage 3+ with ported head is summer.

hazy450

Passed Driver's Ed
In reference to the dirty track... Here is my friends 600whp cts-v vs a 1000awhp gtr that I video taped at last years event. Just check out the rooster tail of dirt the cars throw up. He left traction control on in the cts-v just because it's so bad for traction.....

http://youtu.be/lv0V92GLjj8

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Actually I think not. Keep in mind that this is a private runway, not a prepped dragstrip. The trail of dust/dirt that the cars create behind them is pretty bad. They offer either from a dig or a 30mph roll 100ft into the 1/2 mile. I did this last year with my Ko4 tiguan and just spun the front tires all the way through 3rd and only got 121mph. There was a ko4 TT that only got 127mph. In comparison with my .:R out of the hole I am already doing 70mph by the time I get to those 100ft cones vs a 30mph roll.....when I do a roll I lose 5-8mph up top.

Long story short a FWD ko4 GTI will spin the tires like crazy and probably only get around 130 if that. U can see by that zo6 that spun like crazy. There were high hp RWD cars that could not go full throttle until around 60-70mph.

well i guess it's relative. same track at 1/2 mile would give fwd more of an advantage than 1/4 with more track that you can hook at full throttle.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
a FWD ko4 GTI will spin the tires like crazy and probably only get around 130 if that.

Well I just got back from shift sector 1/2 mile races. And I'm a FWD K04 M/T GTI. That ran 140mph in the 1/2 mile off 40mph rolls. Yes from a dig it would have Been a lot of wheel spin but maybe I could have ran faster.

hazy450

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I just got back from shift sector 1/2 mile races. And I'm a FWD K04 M/T GTI. That ran 140mph in the 1/2 mile off 40mph rolls. Yes from a dig it would have Been a lot of wheel spin but maybe I could have ran faster.

i was referring to this Carabelle track..... and god damn $225 a day for it?

hazy450

Passed Driver's Ed
I was watching your vids and I noticed that you are not near redline in 5th when crossing the 1/2 mile mark at 140. I am bouncing off the revlimiter at 7500 in 5th to get 139. If i shift to 6th i only get 137-138. Looked up the gear ratios and im surprised how much shorter the gears are in the .:R.

pulled from VW website.

GTI

Drivetrain FWD
1st 3.36
2nd 2.09
3rd 1.47
4th 1.10
5th 1.11
6th 0.93
Final 3.94 (1st-4th)
3.09 (5th&6th)

Golf R

Drivetrain 4Motion permanent AWD with Haldex Diff
1st 3.36
2nd 2.09
3rd 1.47
4th 1.09
5th 1.10
6th 0.91
Final 4.24 (1st-4th)
3.27 (5th&6th)

NICE RUNS THOUGH! :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxivdomJ46E

Last edited:

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I was watching your vids and I noticed that you are not near redline in 5th when crossing the 1/2 mile mark at 140. I am bouncing off the revlimiter at 7500 in 5th to get 139. If i shift to 4th i only get 137-138. Looked up the gear ratios and im surprised how much shorter the gears are in the .:R.

pulled from VW website.

GTI

Drivetrain FWD
1st 3.36
2nd 2.09
3rd 1.47
4th 1.10
5th 1.11
6th 0.93
Final 3.94 (1st-4th)
3.09 (5th&6th)

Golf R

Drivetrain 4Motion permanent AWD with Haldex Diff
1st 3.36
2nd 2.09
3rd 1.47
4th 1.09
5th 1.10
6th 0.91
Final 4.24 (1st-4th)
3.27 (5th&6th)

NICE RUNS THOUGH! :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxivdomJ46E

Yea I was toping out 3rd and 4th at 7200. Here's a gear speed chart

Yea shift sector is pricey how much you pay?

hazy450

Passed Driver's Ed
When they first started out it was 85 bucks and there was a city cop at the 1/2 mile mark with a radar gun that was way off. Now its $135 and they have a timing segment at the 1/2 mile mark and you get a printout of your speed like 1/4 mile racing. Wannagofast is more focused on top speed not really who gets there first and they give awards for classes based on top speeds of the day.

EvoX1

Ready to race!
Very impressive kills!

Im a little confused as to why that RS6 with intake exhaust and tune only managed 130 mph in the half mile. With those mods it should be flirting with 120 mph in the 1/4.

GP813

Ready to race!
Mother of god....

3+, head port and race fuel is gonna be tough to beat.

Great vids, I liked the different angles you tried, hope you dont mind if i steal some for track days :D

trd420

Go Kart Champion
When they first started out it was 85 bucks and there was a city cop at the 1/2 mile mark with a radar gun that was way off. Now its $135 and they have a timing segment at the 1/2 mile mark and you get a printout of your speed like 1/4 mile racing. Wannagofast is more focused on top speed not really who gets there first and they give awards for classes based on top speeds of the day.

Nice like shift sector. But cheaper

GP813

Ready to race!
Thanks inflated California prices for everything

My_Fly_Gti1

Ready to race!
yeah lol thats me, assuming you've seen the video you've heard the shifts i did in that Si. I mean yeah this guy can shift, but i've heard/seen much faster shifts

wow amazing..you mean to tell me that there is always someone better and faster out there......the thought never occured:clap: