GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock vs. Newer BMW 335i

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
lol why is it when we're talking about other vehicles these topics get 5+ pages long, but anything about our vehicles barely gets responded? hmmmmmm

McQueen77

Banned
lol why is it when we're talking about other vehicles these topics get 5+ pages long, but anything about our vehicles barely gets responded? hmmmmmm

Because we wish we could have just dropped the coin on a 335i or M3 but got the GTI instead, drop a bunch of money on making it better, faster etc. and then say things like "this is the best car ever. I don't even want a BMW. Only rich douchebags drive those cars. The 335i is a big heavy pig of a car... Blah blah blah"... Mmmkay, sure.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Because we wish we could have just dropped the coin on a 335i or M3 but got the GTI instead, drop a bunch of money on making it better, faster etc. and then say things like "this is the best car ever. I don't even want a BMW. Only rich douchebags drive those cars. The 335i is a big heavy pig of a car... Blah blah blah"... Mmmkay, sure.

I understand what you're saying, but this is a GTI forum what do you expect? Some people DO like it better than a BMW. I certainly do, especially since I dont waste my money on such an expensive car. Sure, the 335s are amazing, but really.....would you rather be paying $$$ on insurance and a high car payment, or something much cheaper.

But I guess its the same as me working for a certain OEM and buying a VW GTI. Its the love for a certain vehicle.

However, all that said, if I HAD The money I'd get a 1 Series M Coupe.

ac12081

Have both a 335i (n54) and a mkvi GTI, and there is no way a stock GTI can take the 335i unless the guy was racing you with a dead fuel pump

abstractmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
I had no idea there were so many self-loathing GTI owners on here. If you wanted a BMW, why wouldn't go for something like the 1 series? I thought GTI owners were die-hard hatch fans, not secretly wishing they had a sedan.

My story really wasn't meant to spark a debate over which was the faster car. That seems pretty obvious. Clearly a stock GTI can spank a 335i. :p

McQueen77

Banned
I had no idea there were so many self-loathing GTI owners on here. If you wanted a BMW, why wouldn't go for something like the 1 series? I thought GTI owners were die-hard hatch fans, not secretly wishing they had a sedan.

My story really wasn't meant to spark a debate over which was the faster car. That seems pretty obvious. Clearly a stock GTI can spank a 335i. :p

Hey don't get me wrong, there is no self loathing here and I love the GTI. If I ever had the money to get the 335, I'd keep the GTI. I love the hatch, the utility factor, the feel, the look, the 2L turbo, etc. all of it. But it aint a 335 and at nearly half the cost, it shouldn't be. I just love Bimmers. Always have. I'd have to be making some serious coin though at some point in my life to roll in a 50k car with a good conscience.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Hey don't get me wrong, there is no self loathing here and I love the GTI. If I ever had the money to get the 335, I'd keep the GTI. I love the hatch, the utility factor, the feel, the look, the 2L turbo, etc. all of it. But it aint a 335 and at nearly half the cost, it shouldn't be. I just love Bimmers. Always have. I'd have to be making some serious coin though at some point in my life to roll in a 50k car with a good conscience.

Its hard to beat practicality. And especially at an affordable price. I used to work for Mercedes and people always asked why I never boought one. I always told them, it doesnt make sense for me to pay $50K when all I'm doing is driving back and forth to work.

watson

Ready to race!

I love the GTI, I also loved the 335, these are the type of threads where a forum looks foolish saying my car beat a car that, realistically, it can't. You are getting real world experiences from folks who have a lot of experience with the car you mentioned and claim to be faster than…

Just because I love hatches doesn't mean I can't love a good sports sedan or coupe or a wagon…

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I love the GTI, I also loved the 335, these are the type of threads where a forum looks foolish saying my car beat a car that, realistically, it can't. You are getting real world experiences from folks who have a lot of experience with the car you mentioned and claim to be faster than…

Just because I love hatches doesn't mean I can't love a good sports sedan or coupe or a wagon…

I can agree to this post. People have some unrealistic beliefs in their car sometimes. Thats how most Honda drivers are....and Scion TC drivers.

Now what I CAN love....is the Cadillac CTS-V Wagon.....sex.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I love me some cts-v wagon! :drool: I'd love it even more with awd :)

Fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap.

GT-R has got to be hands down my favorite car. Cheap super car with ungodly performance.

bmxr

Ready to race!
The OP is using some serious "Civic-think" to rationalize this "win". No offense. The only way a stock GTI beats a 335 is if he let you ahead simply to be nice (like you said, he waved you by) or if he didn't know he was being "beaten". Take your pick... :) I have had a couple pretty quick cars and I couldn't even guess how many pimply faced dicks in Civic/Sentra/Scion/etc, and yes, even VWs, have earned a "kill" story off me NOT racing them...

My MRoadster got smoked by a stock si again!? Must be because I'm fat! LOL!!