GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock vs. Newer BMW 335i

C4L

Banned
GT-R has got to be hands down my favorite car. Cheap super car with ungodly performance.

GT-R???

Can't say I would be lining up to pick-up a $90,000 Nissan that weighs close to 4,000lbs...

The only thing SUPER about the GT-R is the performance. Nothing else about it makes it a SUPERcar. For me, a SUPERcar needs to be SUPER in ALL areas. Performance is just one of them. Luxury, Status, Aesthetics, Exclusivity, Technology, etc. are all missing on the Nissan.

When you buy a cheap supercar...you get a cheap supercar.

Give me a 911 S or RS5 over a GT-R anyday...

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
GT-R???

Can't say I would be lining up to pick-up a $90,000 Nissan that weighs close to 4,000lbs...

The only thing SUPER about the GT-R is the performance. Nothing else about it makes it a SUPERcar. For me, a SUPERcar needs to be SUPER in ALL areas. Performance is just one of them. Luxury, Status, Aesthetics, Exclusivity, Technology, etc. are all missing on the Nissan.

When you buy a cheap supercar...you get a cheap supercar.

Give me a 911 S or RS5 over a GT-R anyday...

i wouldn't say technology is missing on the nissan

staynhome29

Ready to race!
So on my way home yesterday I was along side a newer 335i and needed to be in his lane. We were rolling about 30mph and he was slightly ahead when I decided to see if I could pass him in time. Pretty much as soon as I jumped on it, he jumped on it to keep me from passing. We only had about 200 yards or so before my lane split off, so I decided I would probably just wind up behind him. However, to my surprise, my lowly single turbo 4 cylinder started walking him! Then I screwed up my shift and he caught back up. To even more surprise, when I got it in gear, my car took him by a car and a half. I was listening for him to lift and watching closely to make sure I could get over. He didn't lift until I pulled in front of him. Honestly, the only real reason I attempted this was to see what his car could do. I never thought I would stand a chance. Granted he looked pretty heavy and I know the 335i is 3600lbs, but still! He was a pretty cool dude. No animosity, just friendly commuter racing. Gave me a nice wave as I looked at him in my rear view.

I'm not bragging, just trying to wrap my mind around this. Maybe he was a bad driver, but I could hear that he was pushing the bimmer hard. I initiated the race and therefore got the jump on him, but I screwed up my shift and he caught up. Is the GTI known for it's 30 to whatever acceleration? If not, it should be! Loving the car! Still debating about going to stage 1.:thumbup:

Unless your car is stage 2 with 100 octane map running 100 octane fuel and/or K04/Stg3 or greater, you will not beat a 335i. He will smoke you. I mean at least put some humor into your story. LIke you woke up afterwards.

Stock GTI will get stomped on by a detuned 335i LOL. The twin turbo motor spools so much faster than the stock gti motor. Whether from a dig or roll, he will rofl stomp you so bad that you would've wished you had saved your gas by not racing him.

seaborno

Passed Driver's Ed
Unless your car is stage 2 with 100 octane map running 100 octane fuel and/or K04/Stg3 or greater, you will not beat a 335i. He will smoke you. I mean at least put some humor into your story. LIke you woke up afterwards.

Stock GTI will get stomped on by a detuned 335i LOL. The twin turbo motor spools so much faster than the stock gti motor. Whether from a dig or roll, he will rofl stomp you so bad that you would've wished you had saved your gas by not racing him.

True...by buddy has one and it's faster than my Stage 2 car.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion

Agreed. i have 2 friends with 335's. i couldn't beat them till I went stage 2 and some other stuff.

NilesR

Passed Driver's Ed
He would eat you alive. Spit you out. And then, eat you alive some more. He would take a crap on your face....

he was not racing you>>>

SteveMD

Ready to race!
I have one of each so I get the last say :paddle: I have a $350 Juicebox (JB4) in my 335i and it is the only engine mod. The time in my sig was on stock run flats and 3/4 tank of shell 93. With downpipes, bigger FMIC, intake and meth, you are in the 11s. There is one factory freak running 11.3 without meth.

Even so, I don't think the GTI could hang with my wife driving the 335i with the JB4 turned off. It is quick stock. When I get the GTI tuned this winter I'll break out the VBox and do a few runs.

The newer 335 (2010 and on) has the N55 engine which is not as easy to tweak since it uses Valvetronic and Vanos while the N54 (like mine) has no Valvetronic. The other difference is the N55 has a single turbo with twin vanes. The N54 has two separate turbos.

The new 328i now has 2/3rds of the N55 - a 2 liter 4 cyl with about 240HP.

It's all good. Both cars (GTI and 335i) are exceptional IMO.

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
lulz at people who think a stock GTI can match a 335i... 300hp and 300 ft lbs of torque

335i all day... 328i is more even a match

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
i ran a jb4 335i and it didnt turn out so good :(