GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SuperPro Roll Control ball joints for more camber and raised roll center

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
No, if we talk about the front bolt of the LCA it's easy on a manual and hard on a DSG.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
No, if we talk about the front bolt of the LCA it's easy on a manual and hard on a DSG.

correct, because the DSG transmission is a lot bigger and blocks the LCA driver side bolt and will need to raise the engine to get to it which requires unbolting the engine mount.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Missed most of this. Yes, I have the DSG which it looks like that was figured out. What I did was remove a few of the subframe bolts on that side and pry the entire assembly downward in order to get the bolt out.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
yup, just trying to get as much info out there so people can find it.

here are some picture of APR BFG MaxR 6speed build with SuperPro LCA

another view with a 6spd

JT641

Banned
correct, because the DSG transmission is a lot bigger and blocks the LCA driver side bolt and will need to raise the engine to get to it which requires unbolting the engine mount.

yup, just trying to get as much info out there so people can find it.

here are some picture of APR BFG MaxR 6speed build with SuperPro LCA

another view with a 6spd

^^^:w00t::thumbsup::thumbup:

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
That eBay seller is using multiple names and it turns out I've bought Whiteline stuff from him. Good seller. I just bought the rest of the bushings for the rear.

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
So if these work on a GTI, does that mean the Audi TT ball joints will also work without changing the lower control arm?

Seems like they should, just need bolts to go along with the new ball joint. I need a new ball joint is why I'm asking. Figured it might be smart to just put the Audi or equivalent on instead of getting the fixed GTI joint.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
So if these work on a GTI, does that mean the Audi TT ball joints will also work without changing the lower control arm?

Seems like they should, just need bolts to go along with the new ball joint. I need a new ball joint is why I'm asking. Figured it might be smart to just put the Audi or equivalent on instead of getting the fixed GTI joint.

X2 im also curious. I already have -1.2 degrees of camber but have no interest in getting new arms. How much negative camber would these be able to add.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
I put my control arms on today and it was a snap. I'd like to hear about someone installing and adjusting these ball joints. I'd love more negative camber up front!