GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SuperPro Roll Control ball joints for more camber and raised roll center

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Then pull them out to max before doing the alignment !!

(toe will be out significiently after this > so get the alignment done soon)

So if these work on a GTI, does that mean the Audi TT ball joints will also work without changing the lower control arm?

Seems like they should, just need bolts to go along with the new ball joint. I need a new ball joint is why I'm asking. Figured it might be smart to just put the Audi or equivalent on instead of getting the fixed GTI joint.

Unfortunately not. TT ball joints definitely need TT arms.

These SP ball joints fit SuperPro and Golf/GTI/A3/S3/Passat control arms.
They don't fit TT arms. At least I cannot imagine they'd do.

;)

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I'm planning on installing these tomorrow. Can someone please tell me the torque specs for these bolts? I know there is a written specification list on the forum, but I can't decifer which bolts are which.

JT641

Banned
I'm planning on installing these tomorrow. Can someone please tell me the torque specs for these bolts? I know there is a written specification list on the forum, but I can't decifer which bolts are which.

I know how you feel trying to do the same but with the control bolts but this is all I got,:confused:

Component Tightening Specification
Mounting bracket to consolet Use new bolts.
50 Nm + 90° turn
Mounting bracket to bodyt Use new bolts.
70 Nm + 90° turn
Ball joint to steel control armt Use new nuts.
60 Nm
Ball joint to sheet steel or aluminum control armt Use new nuts.
100 Nm
Control arm to consolet Use a new bolt.
t Tighten in curb weight position.
70 Nm + 180° turn

Need a picture diagram pointing to which bolts for which specs

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I know how you feel trying to do the same but with the control bolts but this is all I got,:confused:

Component Tightening Specification
Mounting bracket to consolet Use new bolts.
50 Nm + 90° turn
Mounting bracket to bodyt Use new bolts.
70 Nm + 90° turn
Ball joint to steel control armt Use new nuts.
60 Nm
Ball joint to sheet steel or aluminum control armt Use new nuts.
100 Nm
Control arm to consolet Use a new bolt.
t Tighten in curb weight position.
70 Nm + 180° turn

Need a picture diagram pointing to which bolts for which specs

I'm hoping the Bruce will chime in. I don't want to take a chance and over tighten since these are stretch bolts.

JT641

Banned
I'm hoping the Bruce will chime in. I don't want to take a chance and over tighten since these are stretch bolts.

Sent him a PM but I'm still waiting to here from him, Would like put my control arms on today or tomorrow otherwise I'll have to wait till next week if I don't find out soon. But same here I need clarification of what is what etc.

Noize

Go Kart Champion

Numbers 3 and 4 in the subframe, why do you need those torque specs? Are you doing a swaybar too?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Numbers 3 and 4 in the subframe, why do you need those torque specs? Are you doing a swaybar too?

I did the tyrolsport deadset kit and I'm doing the control arms. I'm replacing all the bolts for the subframe too since I know I won't be taking it apart again.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
DSG is a harder install than manual. I like them. Provides a smoother, and controlled feel up front.