GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys. In a real shitty situation. Had a stud break off inside the engine head while removing the old turbo, broke with barely any force its almost like it was broke from the previous owner and jb welded together or something. Other 4 nuts came off fine, the stud that broke is on the end closest to the driver side......any advice its obviously very tight back there

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

not sure if you got it fixed already, mine broke there as well. a friend that owns a shop extracted and did a helicoil and installed new stud

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
So I had an APR kit installed two weeks ago and added a wideband gauge so I can monitor AFR. My gauge indicates that I'm running dangerously lean (in the 13's under wot and full boost). I returned my car to my apr dealer and they consulted with apr and their response was that the car is running fine not to worry that my gauge is probably reading wrong. I calibrated the gauge, switched sensors, and borrowed another high end wideband gauge and compared. All have very similar readings. Anybody else have an issue like this?

I'm currently running their lowest power 91 octane tune with 94 octane fuel and straight meth and the readings are barely in the safe range when it should be very rich. This defeats the purpose of buying the k04. I'd really prefer to run the higher octane tune and make more power but not at the expense of an engine.

Any suggestion? I've been told I could try a custom tune but don't want to as I just bought apr.

Or possible HPFP upgrade needed.

I'm definitely upset with apr's response. The reason I went with their kit is because they are one of the biggest in the vw game and I assumed they're trustworthy.

KFahey

Ready to race!
Snapped Stud In Block

not sure if you got it fixed already, mine broke there as well. a friend that owns a shop extracted and did a helicoil and installed new stud

Yeah I got it at a friend of a friends shop right now where we did the work 2 hours away from me. He told me that's exactly what he has to do, drill the stud out and throw in a helicoil. Supposedly the engine was pulled this morning.....I just want my car back Lol.....everything was going so smooth too got the intercooler installed and pulled the turbo out no problem...other than that stud. Here's a time lapse of the intercooler install......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIPymYoMlaQ

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
So I had an APR kit installed two weeks ago and added a wideband gauge so I can monitor AFR. My gauge indicates that I'm running dangerously lean (in the 13's under wot and full boost). I returned my car to my apr dealer and they consulted with apr and their response was that the car is running fine not to worry that my gauge is probably reading wrong. I calibrated the gauge, switched sensors, and borrowed another high end wideband gauge and compared. All have very similar readings. Anybody else have an issue like this?

I'm currently running their lowest power 91 octane tune with 94 octane fuel and straight meth and the readings are barely in the safe range when it should be very rich. This defeats the purpose of buying the k04. I'd really prefer to run the higher octane tune and make more power but not at the expense of an engine.

Any suggestion? I've been told I could try a custom tune but don't want to as I just bought apr.

Or possible HPFP upgrade needed.

I'm definitely upset with apr's response. The reason I went with their kit is because they are one of the biggest in the vw game and I assumed they're trustworthy.

I don't see an issue here. Above 14 under WOT would contaminate your oil and destroy the CAT. Most cars stock run just under 13 WOT. Mid 13s are a great place to be. What are your fuel trims at?
Marketing != Engineering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't see an issue here. Above 14 under WOT would contaminate your oil and destroy the CAT. Most cars stock run just under 13 WOT. Mid 13s are a great place to be. What are your fuel trims at?

Marketing != Engineering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I actually don't know what the fuel trims are as I don't have the ability to run logs. I'm gonna do that early this week and investigate some more. My concern was that every tuner I spoke to including apr says high 11's to low 12's AFR is good, and I'm seeing it a lot more lean.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
I'd get a boost gauge if you don't have one. That'll be the real test as to how the turbo is doing. IIRC, I think K04 boost levels are somewhere in the mid to high 20s.

Have a gauge. The gauge and you can hear it pulsing when I go wot at like 3krpm in 3rd and sometimes 4th. It works fine mostly and if I do a full 3gear pull it works fine. But if I'm going like 3k already in 3rd and punch it it pulsates three or 4 times then catches up and all is good. I wasn't really worried about it but It caused me to lose to a g35 (modded) the other day. Should probably troubleshoot it. Have logged my n75 and it seems to be good around 96ish but I wasn't able to get it to pulse while logging. Maybe I should give that more of a try. Any suggestions? Other than that I'm super happy with the k04. It rips! Faster than I thought it would be. Need to update my signature. So many mods tho it's such a pain in the ass haha

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Have a gauge. The gauge and you can hear it pulsing when I go wot at like 3krpm in 3rd and sometimes 4th. It works fine mostly and if I do a full 3gear pull it works fine. But if I'm going like 3k already in 3rd and punch it it pulsates three or 4 times then catches up and all is good. I wasn't really worried about it but It caused me to lose to a g35 (modded) the other day. Should probably troubleshoot it. Have logged my n75 and it seems to be good around 96ish but I wasn't able to get it to pulse while logging. Maybe I should give that more of a try. Any suggestions? Other than that I'm super happy with the k04. It rips! Faster than I thought it would be. Need to update my signature. So many mods tho it's such a pain in the ass haha

Also. Did u guys start running colder plugs when u went kO4 (apr 3.1)? I have ngk platinum I think.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
NGK BKR8EIX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sauce118

Ready to race!

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
do you have them gapped? or just how they come out of the box??

NGK BKR8EIX Gap: 0.6mm +/- 0.05mm

Sauce118

Ready to race!

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
No problem

Sauce118

Ready to race!