GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

Sauce118

Ready to race!
this. your current tune is expecting a 2.5bar sensor. if you upgrade, it will not know how to utilize it and get improper readings.

Thanks man. That's what I thought. But when I get the tune I'll have to drive 30 mins home with 2.5 bar. Won't that leave me with the same problem? I guess I can take tools and change it on the side of the road I just don't hear of people doing that. Or pull in parking lot and change it before I get the tune?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man. That's what I thought. But when I get the tune I'll have to drive 30 mins home with 2.5 bar. Won't that leave me with the same problem? I guess I can take tools and change it on the side of the road I just don't hear of people doing that. Or pull in parking lot and change it before I get the tune?

When I got my K04 tune done a Riggins, I did the 3bar sensor right there in the garage as they did the tune. The hood was up so long it had cooled down enough to get hands in there. I just brought my own tools so I didn't have to bother them.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion

Do it in the lot. Car has to be cool though cause it is blazing hot in there in the front. I had my shop do it.. it was super quick for them.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Well got the P0238 code this morning on the way to work. Cleared it on the way home, but came back 15 mins into my drive home. Going in the shop tomorrow. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Well got the P0238 code this morning on the way to work. Cleared it on the way home, but came back 15 mins into my drive home. Going in the shop tomorrow. Ugh

Pull your MAP sensor and see if it needs to be cleaned and check wiring for frayed insulation. If that doesn't work swap in a know good MAP sensor if you have one or a friend that will lend you one.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Pull your MAP sensor and see if it needs to be cleaned and check wiring for frayed insulation. If that doesn't work swap in a know good MAP sensor if you have one or a friend that will lend you one.

Yeah, looked at it tonight and the wires look like some of the insulation is gone. Unfortunately I am going on a trip Saturday so I need it fixed ASAP so I will leave it to the guys at my local shop.

KFahey

Ready to race!

U-20T

Go Kart Champion

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Do you need to replace the MAP sensor when going K04?

If your APR, when the turbo goes in. The APR tune requests more boost then a 2 bar map sensor can comprehend. So if you don't replace it right away the ECU won't allow it to boost. Just had my 3 bar go bad and it wouldn't boost above 6psi.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
What kind of boost levels are you seeing?

Officially a member now. Had the turbo on for two weeks, but got the tune changed from the stage 2 I had before to the APR 3.1 file. Which is fuckin badass if u ask me. But I'm curious. I made an A-4 CTS diverter valve assembly fit on my mk6. It sounds awesome like a high pitched BOV.... But I just want to make sure I'm holding the boost I should be since it's completely vacuum actuated and not electrical at all. What kind of boost are you guys seeing? I have full TUrboback, FMIC, full charge pipes, lightened crank pulley, and CTS k04 ( those are the major important performance mods)

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Officially a member now. Had the turbo on for two weeks, but got the tune changed from the stage 2 I had before to the APR 3.1 file. Which is fuckin badass if u ask me. But I'm curious. I made an A-4 CTS diverter valve assembly fit on my mk6. It sounds awesome like a high pitched BOV.... But I just want to make sure I'm holding the boost I should be since it's completely vacuum actuated and not electrical at all. What kind of boost are you guys seeing? I have full TUrboback, FMIC, full charge pipes, lightened crank pulley, and CTS k04 ( those are the major important performance mods)

I'd get a boost gauge if you don't have one. That'll be the real test as to how the turbo is doing. IIRC, I think K04 boost levels are somewhere in the mid to high 20s.

KFahey

Ready to race!
Hey guys. In a real shitty situation. Had a stud break off inside the engine head while removing the old turbo, broke with barely any force its almost like it was broke from the previous owner and jb welded together or something. Other 4 nuts came off fine, the stud that broke is on the end closest to the driver side......any advice its obviously very tight back there

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

I peak at 27.8 hold at 25.5 (p3 analog).

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed

Peaks at 27 psi at 4800 rpm then drops right down.