GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

KFahey

Ready to race!
I thought it was gonna be annoying but it still isn't...with the radio on and a lighter gas foot when driving I do not notice it

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I'm going to have to go back to page one and read through all these pages, but wanted to post here to say my install went smoothly, no leaks or issues thus far. I've got about 400 miles on mine, but will probably wait another hundred or so to really get on it.

One thing I do notice immediately is my intake is MUCH louder now that it was with the Stage2 tune. I'm attributing this to increase in air flow from the larger turbo.

I did get one soft code for P2261 turbo boost pressure not detected. I can certainly build boost however, and searched around to find this is most likely my GFB DV+. I'll order a rev D to fix this issue.

Here are some pics of my install:

Last edited:

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
I'm going to have to go back to page one and read through all these pages, but wanted to post here to say my install went smoothly, no leaks or issues thus far. I've got about 400 miles on mine, but will probably wait another hundred or so to really get on it.

One thing I do notice immediately is my intake is MUCH louder now that it was with the Stage2 tune. I'm attributing this to increase in air flow from the larger turbo.

I did get one soft code for P2261 turbo boost pressure not detected. I can certainly build boost however, and searched around to find this is most likely my GFB DV+. I'll order a rev D to fix this issue.

Here are some pics of my install:

I thought the Rev D's were causing issues with holding boost pressure?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I thought the Rev D's were causing issues with holding boost pressure?

You sure you're not confusing the C? Everything I've read said to upgrade to revD when going K04 if you had a C. I also read the same thing about the GFB DV+ if youre using both springs. I could be wrong though, I'm a little late to the K04 party. Hopefully someone else can chime in and set us straight.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
You sure you're not confusing the C? Everything I've read said to upgrade to revD when going K04 if you had a C. I also read the same thing about the GFB DV+ if youre using both springs. I could be wrong though, I'm a little late to the K04 party. Hopefully someone else can chime in and set us straight.
Rev. D is what you want and even APR recommends it over an aftermarket solution.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
So y'all don't recommend the GFB DV+ for K04? Just the Rev D? Just making sure before I spend the money on the DV+.

I was told if you remove the spring it stops the issue. However I pulled mine and put in a rev d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Double post fail

Last edited:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion

Sure, more air flow helps as well :) But the bulk of the noise increase is because there is no turbo muffler on the K04.

So y'all don't recommend the GFB DV+ for K04? Just the Rev D? Just making sure before I spend the money on the DV+.
You don't need a GFB+, but it's not a bad thing to have (I don't think). I wouldn't buy it again if I were starting over (personally).

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Anyone here running the Arm Motorsport intercooler with their K04? I'm not sure if it'll be sufficient and wanted to get some input. Trying to find a nice intercooler that will suppport K04 power but also won't cost $1k.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Anyone here running the Arm Motorsport intercooler with their K04? I'm not sure if it'll be sufficient and wanted to get some input. Trying to find a nice intercooler that will suppport K04 power but also won't cost $1k.

Get a Neuspeed.

Had it on my K04 car for months and it worked great. If you were local I'd offer you mine, but shipping might kill the deal. It was really easy to install as well, great instructions included with the intercooler. If moddedeuros still carries it you can use the forum coupon code and get it for around $650 IIRC.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Get a Neuspeed.

Had it on my K04 car for months and it worked great. If you were local I'd offer you mine, but shipping might kill the deal. It was really easy to install as well, great instructions included with the intercooler. If moddedeuros still carries it you can use the forum coupon code and get it for around $650 IIRC.

$650? That'd be sweet. It is worth deleting the stock intercooler?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I have the Neuspeed with my K04. I've only had the K04 for like 500 miles now, but according to my P3 gauge, the IATs are definitely higher with the K04 than they were when I was just stage2.