GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20t's Build Part 2 - Uber MK6 - Big Turbo DSG 4 Motion Swap - Its about going fast

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Have you faced any issue with IE jets? I can see mine. Not sure if it leaks water into cylinder while idle & engine OFF or water goes back to my 4-port manifold, I can see air inside the 4mm tube.

Could be a leak in the line or a dirty jet, they have check valves built in so shouldn't be air, mine are fine.

a3scott20

Ready to race!
U-20t's Build Part 2 - Uber MK6 - Big Turbo DSG 4 Motion Swap - Its about goi...

Could be a leak in the line or a dirty jet, they have check valves built in so shouldn't be air, mine are fine.

Yes! Richard from Aquamist told me that the IE Jet is checkvalve built in but the strange thing is, my four IE jets does the same thing with air inside of 4 4mm tubes. I can see air and bubbles keep coming up from those jets.

163c43d4d1fbf84146519d6c27be1b1f.jpg

70d2588b8bf698bdac31241d03dc16ab.jpg

fffa37cdaf35a43299b98589a3a02cc4.jpg

Last edited:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
My check valves are separate from my jets and there are bubbles in my lines too. You can't watch them forming but after the car sits for a bit they're there. I never thought much of it.

byseabyland

Passed Driver's Ed
Could be the solvent off gassing. Water and alcohol gets hot. I mix solvents a lot from my place of work. Maybe mix better before adding to the reservoir. Allowing it to cool to room temp should help. The agitation caused by the car should get rid of it at some point i would think though. Only thing i can think of if there aren't any leaks leading to loss of vacuum from the reservoir to the jet.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Could be the solvent off gassing. Water and alcohol gets hot. I mix solvents a lot from my place of work. Maybe mix better before adding to the reservoir. Allowing it to cool to room temp should help. The agitation caused by the car should get rid of it at some point i would think though. Only thing i can think of if there aren't any leaks leading to loss of vacuum from the reservoir to the jet.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

This and a little I wouldn't worry to much like APA was saying. Also A3Scott what size jets did you get, just curious

23-24psi, launch, still not fully tuned, does have a DSG tune.
Its near 480awhp/400awtq and ~570chp/455ctq was peal on the dyno so far 26psi.

How do you like your dsg vs mt? I finally pulled the triger and bought rear end of an Audi A3 Quattro and the gearbox of an S3 mt.. Once I receive the parts from europe I ll buy the rsr clutch kit and golf R fuel tank.

I'm currently dsg fwd, wonder how the car will feel with mt AWD..

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
How do you like your dsg vs mt? I finally pulled the triger and bought rear end of an Audi A3 Quattro and the gearbox of an S3 mt.. Once I receive the parts from europe I ll buy the rsr clutch kit and golf R fuel tank.

I'm currently dsg fwd, wonder how the car will feel with mt AWD..

I went DSG since the manual isnt strong enough, and it was alot more money to build. Plus DSG shifts super fast. I like it alot.

You will have a bunch of wiring and coding changes to go manual and others as well. Should have just installed and AWD diff and lsd.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Man the car flys up to 80mph. hows it feel? Does it feel like it pulls harder than you ever got to feel with your 575?

It's different, it's very quick now and I get traction. I think it was faster as of now with the old setup but could be wrong last time I drove the fwd was this weekend last year.

Last edited:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Faster or not you have an amazing setup and its awesome to read through this and see it all come together! Nice job sir, I can't wait to see where you take it from here!

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Faster or not you have an amazing setup and its awesome to read through this and see it all come together! Nice job sir, I can't wait to see where you take it from here!

Thanks, another mod tonight. Getting rid of the airplane throttle and installing a BFI dsg shift knob with a normal mk6 dsg base.

menios80

Ready to race!
Very nice work.I have a question and only you can answer cause you are the only person with Tsi motor 4wd i know.I'm ready for a Gtx3071 with tial housing and want to do a turbo up set up.You think it will fit??

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G920F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk