GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UNIbrace Discussion Thread

zrickety

The Fixer
I didn't remove anything, just some careful cuts in the carpet and moved it aside.
Clownish, what kind of riveter did you use?
Gratuitous pics-

Lodi

Go Kart Champion

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Mr. President: did you use the MkVI installation supplement? There is the standard XB installation instructions and the supplement.

zrickety: you can remove the nutsert by *carefully* drilling out the center of the nutsert. To do this start with small drillbits and work your way up. The trick is to remove the nutsert flange so you can pull it out without effecting the hole size. IF you do go to big and it is a small amount you can cut an aluminum shim from a coke can and put it around the nustert. This will help it grab the hole as it starts to compress. Just go slow and be careful.

Everyone else: thanks for posting your feedback. If you're on Facebook please post on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/unibrace

Thanks,

Bruce

Dark Anghell1

Ready to race!
I've had all 3 for probably over a year now...was on one of the first group buys for RB and UB. Love all of them, however one thing that bugs me is that the rear underbrace is hitting my stock exhaust. I've tried adjusting it with no luck. Doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing a similar problem :iono:

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I've had all 3 for probably over a year now...was on one of the first group buys for RB and UB. Love all of them, however one thing that bugs me is that the rear underbrace is hitting my stock exhaust. I've tried adjusting it with no luck. Doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing a similar problem :iono:

weird, have a picture? there shouldn't be any issues if your exhaust is all stock

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Dark Anghell: The original version of the UNIbrace RB will only fit a limited number of exhausts: APR, AWE, Borla. The current version [v3] will fit all exhausts that we are aware of.

fasteddy

Ready to race!
So I'm doing my xB install today! The bolt that holds my seats in is not a T30 but some type of triple square? Hope I can find one at Napa!

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Hey Lodi/Bruce, I haven't seen anything on the MK7 forums but are there any plans/known dates for the UNIbrace on that platform? I loved the UB on my MK6 so it would be awesome to have that on my MK7 at some point too.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Hey Lodi/Bruce, I haven't seen anything on the MK7 forums but are there any plans/known dates for the UNIbrace on that platform? I loved the UB on my MK6 so it would be awesome to have that on my MK7 at some point too.

Unibrace will definitely be evolving along with the Volkswagen brand, and the mk7's will not miss out on all that is Unibrace goodness. Bruce is still pretty tight lipped as I'm sure things are still in the development stages for the new mk7 platform & chassis, but maybe he'll chime in with his own input as to what's in store for the mk7 crew...

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Jaxper: The UNIbrace XB for the Mk7 is designed and waiting for some testing. The UNIbrace UB will be next. Assuming that I have all the dimensions correct I hope we should have this finished by November, but it could be delayed if the dimensions are wrong or I missed something. It's on our list though! :w00t:

Bruce

Torito77

Ready to race!
Hi all

I love both my Unibraces.

I don't have the XB because I understand it will not fit a VW Scirocco. Bruce can you please confirm me if this is correct???

Thanks.