GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTI adidas edition..YEAH!!!

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
ah yes.. the reply i expected. i asked a legit question: why drive around advertising for a multi-million dollar shoe company? i am genuinely curious. i wonder the same thing when i see people wearing a t-shirt with a big 'nike' on the front. i just don't get it. i didn't say i didn't like the car. just looks like a gti with adidas branding on it. i actually like the wheels btw. just find the adidas thing baffling.

Unless you have completely de-badged your car; you are doing the same advertising for VW, yes? Do you pull all the tags off your Levis? What about your shoes? :D

I understand your point but honestly the entire world is branding these days; it is basically impossible to avoid it completely :thumbsup:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I like the car like this:

Attachments

• VW-Golf-GTI-Adidas-13.jpg
    VW-Golf-GTI-Adidas-13.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 232

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion

McQueen77

Banned
Unless you have completely de-badged your car; you are doing the same advertising for VW, yes? Do you pull all the tags off your Levis? What about your shoes? :D

I understand your point but honestly the entire world is branding these days; it is basically impossible to avoid it completely :thumbsup:

Now we're splitting hairs. Levis are Levis. But a Levis car? Come on now.
I could debadge my GTI and many people could still tell its a VW. Not a whole lot I can do about that. Not to mention that Adidas and VW are seemingly unrelated. What I did do when I got my plates from the DMV though is take off the Dealer license plate frames. Most people never think to do that and just drive around advertising for the dealer they bought the car from. I do what I can and don't go out of my way to advertise for random companies.

But like I said, nice wheels anyway.

kirahead

Ready to race!

EXACTLY WAT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY!!!!! u r EXACTLY 10000% right, why does he drive a VW??? why is he advertising a multi million dollar company?? that guys a idiot

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
You're advertising the company that makes the car.
That's different from your car being a billboard for another company.

Peachaz

Ready to race!
I'm still confused by this. The only link is the companies are both German. Maybe VAG owns Adidas and thought it genius to link a wonderful product (GTI) with a recently struggling product (Adidas). This is like the Mary Kay (a make up company) Cadillacs you can get in North America. Did it at least come with a leisure suit?

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
EXACTLY WAT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY!!!!! u r EXACTLY 10000% right, why does he drive a VW??? why is he advertising a multi million dollar company?? that guys a idiot

The point. You're missing it. Name calling because you don't agree? Grow up.

Last edited:

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
ah yes.. the reply i expected. i asked a legit question: why drive around advertising for a multi-million dollar shoe company? i am genuinely curious. i wonder the same thing when i see people wearing a t-shirt with a big 'nike' on the front. i just don't get it. i didn't say i didn't like the car. just looks like a gti with adidas branding on it. i actually like the wheels btw. just find the adidas thing baffling.

It is a legit question. My initial reaction was the same. There's some nice aspects to the car, but rolling around branded for some shoe company is a turn off for me. I generally don't want to be a walking/rolling billboard if I don't have to be. There's branding as in the product you bought. Your car, pants, skateboard, bike, water heater all have a name on them. It's the manufacturer that produced whatever it is you bought, and they want people to easily be able to tell who produced the item in question. Then there's gratuitous branding. Where it's just an effort for further exposure that has little to nothing to do with the product it's on. An Adidas GTI makes about as much sense to me as a pair of VW branded Levis jeans.

That said, consumer culture rules the 1st world countries. The result is that people are just so used to advertising everywhere, that they don't really care about an extra badge on something. Also, people develop strong feelings/identification with certain brands. So again, they couldn't really care less if Adidas has nothing to do with VW if they have an emotional investment in the brand.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
To the OP I don't hate the car personally and I've got to confess that I didn't know that he actually owned one when I first commented.
'Thought he just found an image and dug the car.
Anyway, it's not something I would personally want, it's just not my thing.
Still a GTI, so still cool - to each his own.

McQueen77

Banned

It is unfortunate that you lack the deductive reasoning skills to understand the difference between me driving a VW and you driving a VW coated in Adidas logos. You're proudly rolling around in an Adidas advertisement on 4 wheels and I'm the idiot?

Sure bud.

roksax

turbo lover
I guess it's a similar tactic to the LL Bean edition Subarus. I never understood the point of linking those two companies either.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
why adidas? :iono: nobody will kno....

hey guyz dont forget that each adidas emblem adds like 45 hp!:lol:

kirahead

Ready to race!
It is a legit question. My initial reaction was the same. There's some nice aspects to the car, but rolling around branded for some shoe company is a turn off for me. I generally don't want to be a walking/rolling billboard if I don't have to be. There's branding as in the product you bought. Your car, pants, skateboard, bike, water heater all have a name on them. It's the manufacturer that produced whatever it is you bought, and they want people to easily be able to tell who produced the item in question. Then there's gratuitous branding. Where it's just an effort for further exposure that has little to nothing to do with the product it's on. An Adidas GTI makes about as much sense to me as a pair of VW branded Levis jeans.

That said, consumer culture rules the 1st world countries. The result is that people are just so used to advertising everywhere, that they don't really care about an extra badge on something. Also, people develop strong feelings/identification with certain brands. So again, they couldn't really care less if Adidas has nothing to do with VW if they have an emotional investment in the brand.

is it so hard to understand thats its JUST A FREAKING GTI :mad: WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR U MORONS TO REALISE THAT VW JUST GOT TOGETHER WITH ADIDAS TO MAKE THIS CAR??? HUH? IF U DONT LIKE IT WELL THEN JUST SAY IT, DONT GIVE ME A FREAKING LECTURE