GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Outlines MKVII Golf/GTI/GTD(?) Timeline

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Everything else sounds great. Waayyy too much new stuff for a VW to consider buying first year though, which is the thought that pushed me to buy a 2012. I'll be shopping a 2015/2016 GTI to see how things have progressed.

You realize the 2012 is actually the 7th year of production? The MK6 is really an altered MK5. I believe someone noted the 2011 has had more TSBs then the 2010.

Agreed. Given past experience I would not touch the first year these cars are out.

Being in North America, we can't anyways. It will have a year to "bake" before hitting our shores.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
You realize the 2012 is actually the 7th year of production? The MK6 is really an altered MK5. I believe someone noted the 2011 has had more TSBs then the 2010.

I mean that I choose to buy a 2012 MkVI rather than wait and buy a first year MkVII.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I love how it will be lighter and lower! The mk6 is too tall, makes it feel boxy at times.

Cloudburn

Passed Driver's Ed
That's butt ugly...

Avant

Ready to race!
The weight loss may make up for the not so bump in horsepower that we were hoping for. Is it assumed that it will keep the same turbo that the MK6/A3's have? If not, then we can be hopeful that they will be leaving a lot of headroom for tuning.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
That's butt ugly...

It's not so much ugly as plain. It looks like it's been Jetta-ized. I wonder if the GTI will look any different.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
The weight loss may make up for the not so bump in horsepower that we were hoping for. Is it assumed that it will keep the same turbo that the MK6/A3's have? If not, then we can be hopeful that they will be leaving a lot of headroom for tuning.

If it's the valve-lift variant engine that they're getting the extra 20hp from, though, evidence suggests it won't tune as well as the current GTI engine.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
saw the pics.. and don't like it.. phew lol. was worried about gas'ing for the new gen.

yeah if you cover the hatch, it's starting to look like a sedan..

chilli42

Ready to race!
MK7 Pic?

Kind of like this if it's real.... Would look good in GTI form!

Attachments

• New-Golf-7.jpg
    New-Golf-7.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 4,039
Last edited: