GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Outlines MKVII Golf/GTI/GTD(?) Timeline

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
the more I look at THAT.... the more the lines (from the front anyway) remind me of the MAZDASPEED3 :iono: **shudder**

dav1d

Ready to race!

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
My concerns:

1. Why can't it be lighter and the same size?
2. "Driver-oriented" cockpits can be tricky to get right. Yea, Audi's done some good ones. I'll wait and see on this.
3. That entertainment system sounds like a potential headache, with HVAC controls and whatnot being integrated into it. It'll also probably be full of bugs to start with.

Very good concerns, I also prefer separate hvac controls from the radio or nav especially on a touchscreen, in case it craps out you won't melt or freeze on teh way to the dealer. Not a fan of the bigger body or electronic brake either. I always believe less is more when it comes to fun driving cars.

deestroi66

Passed Driver's Ed
here's a quick look possible front/rear then....

Terrible rendering. Looks like a Dodge Dart had sex with a Scion xA.

Tech72

Ready to race!
1st Official Photos of the MkVII Golf

The day has arrived.....

VW released official photos of the new MkVII Golf at an event in Berlin earlier today. It's (as expected) an evolution of the tried and true Golf theme, with a more pronounced VW corporate facia and a very A3-esque square rear end (since it shares the same platform). The interior and exterior looks more refined compared to the previous gens, almost to the point of boring. I do like the wider stance and slimmer greenhouse though, which should make the upcoming GTI/R more aggressive looking when sporting 18". Regardless, VW will sell boatloads.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...l-Pictures/VW-Golf-2013-first-official-pics-/

Tech72

Ready to race!
I would not take anything from C&D as the gospel. That's for sure.

You mean "C&D" as in Car & Driver mag?

Urhh, please read again. The weblink I posted is for UK's CAR magazine. One of the most respected and best car rags on the shelf......

JLCVDUB

Ready to race!
I love it. Especially the center display and the flow of the dash. It reminds me of how the dash flows on the old MKIV.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Now we get to look back at the speculations ...