GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Outlines MKVII Golf/GTI/GTD(?) Timeline

C4L

Banned

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
GTI> Fall 2013 in europe... damn that means we'll have the Mk 6 GTI for 2014 model year also? Since we're always a year delayed.

C4L

Banned
GTI> Fall 2013 in europe... damn that means we'll have the Mk 6 GTI for 2014 model year also? Since we're always a year delayed.

Please read. I'm not sure what you even look at when you reply...

Fall 2013 will be the US release date for the Golf AND GTI. It will be a 2014 model when they are BOTH launched simultaneously.

The GTI will be released in the US and Europe AT THE SAME TIME... Fall 2013. The only wait will be 6 months for the Golf in the US. Fall 2013 for the US release of that as Europe gets it in the Spring.

AGAIN------------

US-SPEC
Golf - Fall 2013 Release as 2014 MY
GTI - Fall 2013 Release as 2014 MY

Euro-Spec
Golf - Spring 2013 Release as 2014 MY
GTI - Fall 2013 Release as 2014 MY

Is that more clear?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yea thanks for clearing it up!

CFG9000

Ready to race!
VW wants that "#1 auto maker" by 2016 title, BAAAAAADDDD!!!! :)

This is actually my primary concern with the MKVII and other future VAG products.

Remember what happened when Toyota decided to make the same push? They started selling vehicles with exploding crankshafts and other delightful "features".

trd420

Go Kart Champion
VW Confirms U.S. Timeline for MkVII Golf, GTI; Next-Gen GTD Could Come, Too

2013 Volkswagen Golf MkVII (artist's rendering)

Volkswagen finally has confirmed the on-sale dates for the upcoming, seventh-generation Golf and GTI hatchbacks, even though we’ve had a rough idea for some time now. The new Golf will go on sale in Europe in the spring of 2013 after making its debut at this fall’s Paris auto show; unfortunately, Americans will have to wait about six months longer until the fall of 2013 to get their hands on the car.

As for the sportier GTI model—a multiple 10Best-winning hot hatch—customers in the U.S. and Europe also will be able to get their mitts on one in the fall of 2013. (So we Americans at least will get both the normal and hotter GTI-spec Golfs at the same time.) Good thing, too, because the new GTI is expected to improve upon the current car’s already stellar formula. You can find more details on the next GTI here.

Speaking of the GTI, the Euro-only diesel GTD model—basically a diesel-powered GTI, which we adore—won’t be coming here to the U.S. in its current, sixth-gen form. However, we’re told that VW is seriously contemplating bringing the seventh-gen Golf-based GTD to the U.S. Of course we’re excited by the prospect of a sporty, small diesel hatchback, but the move makes sense on a broader level for VW. Basically, as one of the diesel sales leaders here in the U.S., offering a sportier oil-burner is a safe bet: The company can tap its legion of diesel customers as well as provide a sort of halo model for compression ignition.

Volkswagen will be focusing its initial Golf efforts on core models like the regular three- and five-door cars and the GTI; Golf-based variants like the next-generation Jetta SportWagen will follow later.

Attachments

• VW_Golf_7_4door-2-626x382.jpg
    VW_Golf_7_4door-2-626x382.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 851

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I'm really hoping for the GTD...I'd more than likely step into one

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion