GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WARNING FOR ARMMOTORSPORTS INTERCOOLER

Blue K04

Passed Driver's Ed
Good point, totally forgot about the crash structure modification. Still not hard for the DIYer with correct tools, but most people like to just bolt-on parts.
Ok that explains it. Bigger core with better flow but requires cutting.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Not sure why your tuner is saying the ARM FMIC unit is limited to 250hp. How is this being determined exactly? The statement about the OEM unit doing better than the ARM unit should be raising some eyebrows here as this is not what a majority of it's owners would report, including me. I'm running the ARM intercooler on K03 stage 2 and have never had any heat issues. Also plan on using it for K04 upgrade.

For some perspective the stock RS3 intercooler is almost the exact same dimensions as the ARM/Neuspeed setup and its nearly 400hp/350ft/lbs from the factory. Only real difference is the end tank design and inlet/outlets are bigger. Stock RS3 IC also has small flow directors coming off the core. I tried to make this work on the MK6 but it would require some modification to the inlet side I can't make.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Sub'd.

93serprise

Ready to race!
My Nuespeed FMIC seems fine with my K04 in hot ass Texas.......☀

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Can't speak for ko4 but I'm running the arm intercooler + FBO w/ ko3, and on 92 I can get upto 18-19 degrees of timing at 20-21 psi, and on E30 I'm at 21.75 degrees of timing. -3 knock max if any.

I still have my stock intercooler in place so temps could be a bit better but it drops temps fairly well when going wot. Have over 100 logs on it, and it does good for the value.

torga

Autocross Champion
Please do - I'm interested.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Can't speak for ko4 but I'm running the arm intercooler + FBO w/ ko3, and on 92 I can get upto 18-19 degrees of timing at 20-21 psi, and on E30 I'm at 21.75 degrees of timing. -3 knock max if any.

I still have my stock intercooler in place so temps could be a bit better but it drops temps fairly well when going wot. Have over 100 logs on it, and it does good for the value.

Great to see some tangible data here rather than thoughts, hunches and opinions...

zef

Drag Racing Champion

That's likely why.