GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Started doing a thing...

will post finished stuff in a couple days when i am done clearcoating.

sweatyandreadyb

Ready to race!
Started doing a thing...

will post finished stuff in a couple days when i am done clearcoating.

Nice, what grille is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
one install tip that I came up with was remove coil pack #3 and unscrew the one bolt that connects the Pcv hose to the Pcv system that slides into the Pcv, with that out I was able to remove the stock intake pipe with the Pcv hose still attached to the intake pipe. From there it's easier to remove when completely out of the car. It's only two sides that holds the Pcv pipe to the intake. I used two picks and pulled it right off.

And I also installed the coupler to the turbo first and then the intake pipe into that, that let's you see if your doing it right or not.

For me the bolt that holds the stock intake to the heat shield was a torx 30.

And yes I did it with the hose clamp pliers below. If not I would of probably been swearing and breaking shit trying to remove the stock rubber coupler from the turbo.

So I am about to order these, and then just realized that I no longer have that annoying OEM hose clamp on the turbo inlet b/c I have the Unitronic intake which replaces it with a regular hose clamp. Hah! Should I still get these though? Hmmmm

oatzel

Ready to race!

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
'Twas my MK5.5, not my MK6; but Friday my wife was T-boned on her way to work; hit by a Nissan Xterra doing probably 60-65 mph...

She is fine; no permanent damage, no broken bones. Lots of cuts, bruises, and sore as hell, but she'll recover.

The car is done; hasn't been inspected yet but if they don't call it a total loss I'll eat it...

Thanks to VW for building her strong; she will be missed...:(

Attachments

• CgAAFVdkEAKEE8SnAAAAALuVPnU558.jpg
    CgAAFVdkEAKEE8SnAAAAALuVPnU558.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 216
  • CgAAFVdkEAKEfICbAAAAAK5Vvyw683.jpg
    CgAAFVdkEAKEfICbAAAAAK5Vvyw683.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 215
  • CgAAFVdkEAOEcv6KAAAAAPLarMk001.jpg
    CgAAFVdkEAOEcv6KAAAAAPLarMk001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 201

Jared32

Ready to race!
Wow glad she come out of it OK!!

xcpag95

Ready to race!
'Twas my MK5.5, not my MK6; but Friday my wife was T-boned on her way to work; hit by a Nissan Xterra doing probably 60-65 mph...

She is fine; no permanent damage, no broken bones. Lots of cuts, bruises, and sore as hell, but she'll recover.

The car is done; hasn't been inspected yet but if they don't call it a total loss I'll eat it...

Thanks to VW for building her strong; she will be missed...:(
Wow, glad your wife is ok. Definitely safe cars for sure!

13 DSG Autobahn, DIY CAI

sweatyandreadyb

Ready to race!
My gosh glad all is well.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Cleaned the engine bay - not bad but i need to get some Adam's In and Out Spray

Never used it. I may try some out. There other stuff is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk