GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
That should be a lot of fun once installed and tuned. Enjoy!
Thanks. I honestly wasn't planning on getting it but when the price went down to $2800, i figured i might as well get it now. I've heard good things about the gen2 gtx2867r. now i'm looking at intercoolers in the upcoming months that fit my price range and debating on the three different fueling options. (upgraded injectors, WMI, or Stratified's fueling solutions). Then i will have all of the HRSPRS to myself "lighting! lighting! lighting!"

***Laughs in Donut Media ***

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Last week I got my windows tinted 20% all around. Excited to show everyone the results once I'm back from holidays.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
ordered the awe downpipe , pricey but its the one i wanted haha. Main reason i orderd it was because i wanted by neuspeed catback to be a bit louder with minimal drone. The resonator thats included should takecare of that. Ill probably go stage 2 at some point since . Awe claims
"~20 crank hp and 14 ftlbs crank torque over the stock turbo back exhaust, while the 3" system could only muster ~9 crank hp and 1.5 ftlbs crank torque over the stock turbo back exhaust. "

Attachments

• dp.PNG
    dp.PNG
    164.9 KB · Views: 104

torga

Autocross Champion
"~20 crank hp and 14 ftlbs crank torque over the stock turbo back exhaust, while the 3" system could only muster ~9 crank hp and 1.5 ftlbs crank torque over the stock turbo back exhaust. "
I'm almost certain they ran those numbers on a stock tune. So I'm curious to see how the 2.5" v 3" numbers end up when the ECU is actually properly tuned.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191226-132442.png
    Screenshot_20191226-132442.png
    974.9 KB · Views: 98

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Nice!

I did the top end cleaner treatment through the IAT sensor. I used an inflator needle in the intake side to try and help it atomize more(also at 2500rpm) Barely turned over 32k miles but figured it wouldn't hurt, valves probably look like crap already.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Added Klii steering wheel badge and seat handle inserts. (y)

Excuse the dirty interior lol.

View attachment 162014

Nice! I wasn’t sure about the plaid seat lever inlays so I got the brushes aluminum looking ones but they look good ?

Nice!

I did the top end cleaner treatment through the IAT sensor. I used an inflator needle in the intake side to try and help it atomize more(also at 2500rpm) Barely turned over 32k miles but figured it wouldn't hurt, valves probably look like crap already.

What did you use? I wanted to try this to get some before and after pictures of my valves to see if it made a difference.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
What did you use? I wanted to try this to get some before and after pictures of my valves to see if it made a difference.

Just the seafoam motor stuff was all they had at the store. Put maybe half of it in the gas, the other half slowly through the intake. If you run it at idle it will puddle up and that's what will make it smoke like hell. I always bump the engine speed up because I've seen techs bend rods doing this at idle...

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Just the seafoam motor stuff was all they had at the store. Put maybe half of it in the gas, the other half slowly through the intake. If you run it at idle it will puddle up and that's what will make it smoke like hell. I always bump the engine speed up because I've seen techs bend rods doing this at idle...
I hope the sea foam works for you. I think I have seen some posts debunking its effectiveness

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Damn that looks fricken awesome!!!

zrickety

The Fixer
Those ports look really good, but I'm surprised by the build up on the stems. The same or more than my 170k car.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I hope the sea foam works for you. I think I have seen some posts debunking its effectiveness

Yes I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't do anything. Shortly after Mercedes started using DI I had a head off a GLK350 with only 7k miles on it. The valves looked nasty and spraying carb cleaner on them did basically nothing.

Also I was bored and it cost about 7$ and 15 minutes of time.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I wasn’t sure about the plaid seat lever inlays so I got the brushes aluminum looking ones but they look good ?

Yeah I wasn't sure if I'd like the plaid, but I think it turned out well. The metallic ones look good too. Amazing what a few touches around the cabin can do for the interior.