GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I’ve tried the clips pressed and everything and it will not come loose from the steering wheel is there something else holding it on
The clips are the only thing holding it on. Having a second person to try and pull on the air ag while you're holding the clips down helps, it's a huge pain. Keep going you'll get it

torga

Autocross Champion

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Does the insulation around the PCV breather hose do anything? It’s all tattered and it’s ugly. I know I could just buy a new hose but in the meantime, any adverse effects if I remove it? (I normally have my ECS Tuning Engine Cover over it, but when I take it off and see it...)

D87013B9-900A-4AD2-9404-905686C4E0D6.jpeg

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Does the insulation around the PCV breather hose do anything? It’s all tattered and it’s ugly. I know I could just buy a new hose but in the meantime, any adverse effects if I remove it? (I normally have my ECS Tuning Engine Cover over it, but when I take it off and see it...)

View attachment 243439
i believe the intent of it is to insulate and protect the plastic line from degrading as it would, if uncovered, potentially rest on rather warm coolant lines.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion

View attachment 243439
I don't think it would hurt anything if you were missing it. The intensified heat cycling might make it brittle more quickly, but I really don't think you'd ever notice. Not like that line is flexing all the time anyway

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
i believe the intent of it is to insulate and protect the plastic line from degrading as it would, if uncovered, potentially rest on rather warm coolant lines.

I don't think it would hurt anything if you were missing it. The intensified heat cycling might make it brittle more quickly, but I really don't think you'd ever notice. Not like that line is flexing all the time anyway

Thanks! I guess I'll just order a new one at some point. Looks like the non OEM one is about $35. Maybe my next oil change I'll add it into the cart. For the meantime it's coming off next time I get under the hood.

torga

Autocross Champion