GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Is The Best Tmobile Cellphone

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
The Note's funny, its like carrying a tablet. Its so big.

thats what she said

Sir it's called a Phablet.

I would say it all depends on what type of user you are. If you want a raw experience and like trying roms etc. then get a Nexus 4. Only bummer is no advertised 4g since it is an HSPA+ device. People have however, discovered that the Nexus 4 does have 4g which is easily activated with no rooting required. The catch is Google did not intend to sell the nexus 4 as a 4g phone so there is no 4g antenna thus weak 4g reception.

For me it's either the Nexus 4 or the Sprint HTC One. Yea yea I know sprint sucks balls but, they got the best deal on the phone. I get it for $100 bucks plus I get $50 credit from Best Buy so the phone comes out to $50.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
and as far as service is concern, verizon FTW! had t-mobile for years, switched to at&t because signal is spotty but at&t is the same, they both suck. have had verizon for almost 2 years now and my signal is great. i even get signal in our underground parking at work where both t-mobile and at&t get zilch.

edit: what good is unlimited data when you don't get signal most times? there are also plenty free wifi almost every corner (city).

I guess it just depends on the area.

My at&t service works where ever verizon's does. AT&T also has the faster LTE network, and the 4G fallback network unlike Verizon, just made sense for me to keep them.

Think I'm going to switch to tmo though, I like their new way of doing things, no contracts and such. that $30 plan is legit doe. Would fit me perfectly since I hardly ever talk on my phone, and it's technically unlimited data...so..yeah.

As far as what phone to get...HTC one looks cool, GS4 will be out at the end of apirl/beginning of may and that will be amazing. Can't go wrong with the Note 2. Blackberry FINALLY doing it right with the Z10, but there's going to be 0 development for it right now so I wouldn't go with that. Windows phones keep getting better and better but aren't there yet so I wouldn't go that route. iPhones are as boring as ever...I'll probably get a Note or a GS4...who knows maybe after I read Engadgets review on the HTC one that might change my mind!

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I used to love my HTC but seeing how that company's stock and market share growth are plummeting I cannot recommend getting one anymore.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I can't believe this! My Galaxy S2 took a dump today! It was only three months old. I went to use and I received an error "Please inset Sim"! WTF! No biggie, I turn the phone off, remove the back cover, remove the battery, take the Sim out, clean the contacts and put everything back. I reboot the phone and I get the same error! Phuch! I am about 3 miles from a tmobile store so I stop in. The sales guy does the same thing I did. still got a Sims error. He try's a new Sims card. It's still not detecting the Sims. He recommends doing a Master Reset. Told him go for it. We still got the Sims Error! Since I have insurance, he recommends replacing it. I told him my phone is basically brand new and I don't want someone's elses beaten up phone with a new screen and case. I told him I would call Customer Service when I get home. I am lucky I didn't get rid of my Blackberry. I popped my SIM card in it and and it works great. I am hoping I can find a fix on the Internet.

Since I'm in the store I check out the phone. The Nexus 4 is way nicer in person. Me Likey! Then I see the Note 2. I totally love it. Now that I am older and a little more blinder, I love the size!!! I check out the new Blackberry. Very cool looking, but still way behind.

I get home and start researching the Galaxy Note 2 and read about rumors of the Galaxy Mega which will essentially be the Note 3. I am still stuck on the Galaxy 4, but after this sims issue I am a little apprehensive. My daughter keeps pushing me to get the Iphone 5. It's just like my Ipad, just smaller and makes cellular phone calls. I don't know, I am confused!

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
As a phone tester, I find the iPhone the most stable and one of the few phones that can easily be used one handed. It is one of the easiest phones to use out of the box and has immediate support at your local apple store for quick warranty exchanges. Butt load of accessories and high resale value.
Android is a bit more glitchy but with time you can tweak it to function properly but have the shortest battery life except the galaxy notes. Android HTC when it craps out it does it to the max. Samsung uses cheaper quality materials but they seem to hold up to the abuse except for the screens. Big toss up between the two android brands as HTC has better internal memory for reliability vs Samsung really requires the external memory and best to get an good brand memory card with decent access speeds probably class 6 and up. I particularly have a distaste for androids lack of ability to do basic tasks such as group messaging, app compatibility, and how the overall os is like the old windows phones which Microsoft has abandoned due to crashing from over customization abilities.
Windows mobile is a good happy medium that is simple to operate but still different from IOS and android. Windows doesn't need a massive processor to work smoothly which leads to better battery life. But its a newer os with lack of apps and they may go out of business like palm.
Forget blackberry for now till the dust settles.
Oh and lastly GPS on windows or more specifically the Nokia still the best as you don't even need signal for it to work. IPhone second with good in building GPS capabilities and android last as you have to be closer to a window for it to be accurate.
And my personal taste of keyboard input is windows and android. IPhone is just a little too small for me.
And as for carrier, location is the most important. Go with what works in your area

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
I had t-mobile many years ago and it was great service. Still have my Motorola V66 flip phone too :) It was my favorite phone by far. Totally antiquated by today's standards I know, but I thought it was pretty cool at the time. Especially the green and red "status" light lol.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I can't believe this! My Galaxy S2 took a dump today! It was only three months old. I went to use and I received an error "Please inset Sim"! WTF! No biggie, I turn the phone off, remove the back cover, remove the battery, take the Sim out, clean the contacts and put everything back. I reboot the phone and I get the same error! Phuch! I am about 3 miles from a tmobile store so I stop in. The sales guy does the same thing I did. still got a Sims error. He try's a new Sims card. It's still not detecting the Sims. He recommends doing a Master Reset. Told him go for it. We still got the Sims Error! Since I have insurance, he recommends replacing it. I told him my phone is basically brand new and I don't want someone's elses beaten up phone with a new screen and case. I told him I would call Customer Service when I get home. I am lucky I didn't get rid of my Blackberry. I popped my SIM card in it and and it works great. I am hoping I can find a fix on the Internet.

Since I'm in the store I check out the phone. The Nexus 4 is way nicer in person. Me Likey! Then I see the Note 2. I totally love it. Now that I am older and a little more blinder, I love the size!!! I check out the new Blackberry. Very cool looking, but still way behind.

I get home and start researching the Galaxy Note 2 and read about rumors of the Galaxy Mega which will essentially be the Note 3. I am still stuck on the Galaxy 4, but after this sims issue I am a little apprehensive. My daughter keeps pushing me to get the Iphone 5. It's just like my Ipad, just smaller and makes cellular phone calls. I don't know, I am confused!

I had an S1 and now an S3 and both have been great. Rooted the S3 the other day and its alot faster with only deleting the ATT apps.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Currently have the Nexus 4 and enjoy it quite a bit. Android has always tended to slow down as it ages but this phone hasn't lost its snappyness with age and # of installed apps. Btw, it'll run any android app under the sun.

The hardware IMO could be better. That is, it's great to the touch but it has a tendency to creak if it's twisted or pressed firmly and the buttons rattle in their housings. It's only noticeable if you tap them hard but you know it's there.

Surprisingly it was a value proposition for me and my wife because if we bought the phones full price ($300 each) then signed up for T-mo's unlimited internet+text at $30 a month, we'd pay half of the $2400 over the 24 months of a similar contract. Very satisfied :thumbsup:

butchered by autocorrect

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Currently have the Nexus 4 and enjoy it quite a bit. Android has always tended to slow down as it ages but this phone hasn't lost its snappyness with age and # of installed apps. The hardware IMO could be better. That is, it's great to the touch but it has a tendency to creak if it's twisted or pressed firmly and the buttons rattle in their housings. It's only noticeable if you tap them hard but you know it's there.

Surprisingly it was a value proposition for me and my wife because if we bought the phones full price ($300 each) then signed up for T-mo's unlimited internet+text at $30 a month, we'd pay half of the $2400 over the 24 months of a similar contract. Very satisfied :thumbsup:

butchered by autocorrect

The bold, seems that way too for me. Rooting seemed to help alot for some reason.

I have heard good things on the nexus, runs a better version of Android vs the s3

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
I have heard good things on the nexus, runs a better version of Android vs the s3

It will always be running the most up to date version of android. You don't have to wait for the carrier to come out with it once they put their crappy UI on it.

T-mobile is definitely cheaper than Verizon, but Verizon had better service. So far I'm happy I switched from Verizon to T-mobile though.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I bought an Iphone 5. I may purchase a Galaxy 4 in May when they come out and give the Wifey the iphone....

DubLife

Ready to race!
I'm eligible for an upgrade and moving on from the iphone 4 tomorrow. I was originally just going to get the iphone 5 but the blackberry z10 caught my eye at best buy the other day. After doing some good research I still cant decide which phone to get... the 5 wins in app and voice control features but something about the BB's OS really intrigues me.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
I'm eligible for an upgrade and moving on from the iphone 4 tomorrow. I was originally just going to get the iphone 5 but the blackberry z10 caught my eye at best buy the other day. After doing some good research I still cant decide which phone to get... the 5 wins in app and voice control features but something about the BB's OS really intrigues me.

Well, if you don't care about not being able to mod the phone at all like root/jailbreak, then the Z10 will be a good phone for you.

There's going to be almost 0 development for the Z10, so if you like it how it is out of the box, then go for it, it looks really cool.

I'd say do it just so you can stop sucking off the the teet of zee devil

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I have to say I am enjoying my Iphone 5. It works very well and is simple to use and setup. I still feel the Galaxy is a better and higher tech phone.

One week review of the iPhone 5 is excellent. I just purchased an Element Sector 5 case which is also Awesome! Pics to come.