GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Treadstone TR8 Fitment

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Is anyone on here running the Treadstone TR8 intercooler? I've read that it can be fit without having to cut into the bumper, was just wondering what hardware I would need and if it would fit with aftermarket turbo outlet and throttle body pipes.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ok thanks, I'll check it out

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I looked through your thread history and didn't see anything about the hardware used to install it. Have a link to it?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Btw, 98.5% of the forum members have either the stock SMIC, larger SMIC or the usual off-the-shelf FMIC. Not too many custom fab their own intercooler setups. Less than a handful, at most.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Btw, 98.5% of the forum members have either the stock SMIC, larger SMIC or the usual off-the-shelf FMIC. Not too many custom fab their own intercooler setups. Less than a handful, at most.
I think I'm gonna go with the setup you posted. Looks clean and very simple, also cheap. [emoji106][emoji106]

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Setup is simple, yet effective. No coupling has come off since install.....3+years I believe

window_licker

I run a TR8 in my GTI. It took a decent amount of fabrication the way I did it, but it fits behind the bumper cover no problem.

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Selling my setup with piping, you will need to mod the inlet piping bu shouldn't be to hard.

750obo in NY

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Selling my setup with piping, you will need to mod the inlet piping bu shouldn't be to hard.

750obo in NY

Did you have to cut into the crash bar to fit it?