GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

xola3que

euroturd
yeah, I ran out of material too. I can cut a few single sets but the price is not the same. If more people jumps in, it will be much cheaper for everyone.
Yours went out last week roastpuff. Let me know how it goes.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Got my brackets, ordering rotors soon and getting calipers sandblasted/painted before installation - hopefully done by the end of the month. Getting a shop to do it as I do not feel fully comfortable doing it myself, and lack some of the right tools. :)

The brackets look beautiful! :D

DvS21

Ready to race!
Got my brackets, ordering rotors soon and getting calipers sandblasted/painted before installation - hopefully done by the end of the month. Getting a shop to do it as I do not feel fully comfortable doing it myself, and lack some of the right tools. :)

The brackets look beautiful! :D

where are you going for the install? How expensive is it going to be?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
where are you going for the install? How expensive is it going to be?

Unsure, debating between two shops which have good reputation locally. One specializes in VWs (Shift Autosport), the other is Brian Jessel Autohaus, which does BMWs and other German imports.

Another contender is The Speed Syndicate, a shop that pretty much handles everything. One of my friends' good friend works there as a tech, and they have lots of experience with European cars as well as JDM.

Labor is about the same between all of them ($90-95/hr). I'm leaning towards Shift because they recently installed a front Cayenne BBK, and a few big turbo kits on A3/GTI's.

DvS21

Ready to race!
Unsure, debating between two shops which have good reputation locally. One specializes in VWs (Shift Autosport), the other is Brian Jessel Autohaus, which does BMWs and other German imports.

Another contender is The Speed Syndicate, a shop that pretty much handles everything. One of my friends' good friend works there as a tech, and they have lots of experience with European cars as well as JDM.

Labor is about the same between all of them ($90-95/hr). I'm leaning towards Shift because they recently installed a front Cayenne BBK, and a few big turbo kits on A3/GTI's.

I'd go with the place with experience. tell me how smoothly it goes. if this is a viable option. I'm going to start saving to put one of these kits together.

zpeedoz

BBK for MK6 GTi

Greetings all,

Exactly what i been searching for :) I been wondering if there is any alternative to "Movit" rear brakes that are way too expensive...

I have picked up a lot of information from this forum and would like to share some of my finds.

I have Porsche Cayenne 6 pot with Pagid pads and 330mm rear rotors with bracket to retain stock calipers. There are very very few wheels that will fit the Porsche 6 pot calipers. I am on BBS VZ044 which are 18 x 8 offset +44mm. The clearance is only about 1mm. I also had to roll my fenders :( The only other wheel that i have seen clear the calipers without spacers is OZ ultraleggera.

I would love to use "xola3que" rear brakes for my Golf R I just ordered. waiting for his reply :)

Zpeedo
zpeedo_sg@hotmail.com

xola3que

euroturd
It's not at all hard to install the rear brackets and calipers. It took me about two hours from start to finish, including bleeding. Heck, if you're local, i wouldn't mind install them for you. It's super simple.

The only tool you might need to go rent or buy is the XZN 14m triple square bit. The rest you can use your typical tools and start with the suspension upgrade know hows since that's half the job.

It's really fun installing it yourself. I wouldn't give that to the mechanic.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Bet you my finish is cheaper than yours. :p Is that electroplating?

I'd like to get them powdercoated but I don't quite want to spend the money... or disassemble them, as I hear it's quite fiddly.

xola3que

euroturd
Bet you my finish is cheaper than yours. :p Is that electroplating?

I'd like to get them powdercoated but I don't quite want to spend the money... or disassemble them, as I hear it's quite fiddly.

Actually it's polishing job. I only had to strip the paint, take off the bleeders and bridges. The aluminum brembo used was first grade so it shine beautifully.

$150 for the polish job. all six calipers.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Please do another group buy in the fall or early next spring. Pretty please.......