GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Actually it's polishing job. I only had to strip the paint, take off the bleeders and bridges. The aluminum brembo used was first grade so it shine beautifully.

$150 for the polish job. all six calipers.

Wow, that's not really that expensive. Do you know what method/compound they used?

Please do another group buy in the fall or early next spring. Pretty please.......

Start saving up for the items, it will get more expensive than you expected haha.

xola3que

euroturd
Wow, that's not really that expensive. Do you know what method/compound they used

No clue, I just dropped the calipers off and picked them up the following week. I had my wheels and some other things polished by them. They do amazing work.
They also do powdercoating but the calipers have to be bare. No boots, pistons and what not.

Found some extra materials on the rack so I had two more sets cut. Anyone want a set let me know.
Now available with IPS parking calipers with free custom engraving, anything you want. Work the same as Viper/Jaguar e-brake calipers.

Last edited:

DvS21

Ready to race!
So what is the estimated total cost to swap the entire brake system over?

xola3que

euroturd
1. 4 pots cayenne calipers: $200 shipped from auto-part.com
2. Parking calipers: $300-$400. Kit come basic with IPS e-caliper for additional $300
3. Rotors: $150
4. CNC aluminum brackets: $250 optional bolts: $50. Steel bracket bracket -$50
5. SS custom brake lines: $110
6. misc. things like brake fluid, hub rings : $25

About $1000 total. Compare to the same system from Movit starting at $12,000.

Everything is direct bolt on installation, no welding or custom works on your end. Installation takes about 2 hours.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
So what is the estimated total cost to swap the entire brake system over?

Are you talking about front and rear, or just rear? Since xola3que beat me to the rear brake listing, I'll write out what I've spent so far and what it cost me. And the website is car-part.com, I believe, not auto-part.com.

The main cost depends on how much you find your calipers for. I got extremely lucky on mine, and got all 4 calipers for $500CAD locally (about 450USD) with about 40k km on them. Usually market price is about $100-150USD for each rear caliper, and maybe 200-300USD for front calipers. Refinishing cost depends on what you do.

Front and rear calipers: Market price
Parking calipers: $300/pair for used Dodge Viper Brembo calipers
Front and rear rotor set: $300/4
Brake lines: $120 from USP Motorsports
Pads: $200, give or take
Front caliper bolts: $65
Rear bracket and bolts: $300
Caliper fastening hardware: $90 from Pelican Parts (new lock bolts, spring clips and retainers etc).
Hub rings: $15

Budget for $2000 all said and done, depending on how lucky you are with the main caliper purchase. Prices for front calipers have gone up significantly since people have started doing Cayenne brake swaps. This does not include installation cost and cost of extra tools required of course.

Final cost is about the same as getting a brand-new set of R32 brakes (front and rear) from one of the online vendors. Used R32 brakes will be quite a bit cheaper.

xola3que

euroturd
$2000 front and back for three times the amount of pistons plus good looks. I wouldn't even consider R32 brakes, and I had have R32 brakes before. No comparison in performance.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Actually it's five times the pistons. The R32 brakes are single-piston front and rear (4 total).

These have 6x2 front and 4x2 rear, for a total of twenty. :D

xola3que

euroturd
5x it is, just see if you're awake roasty :)
Just be gentle on the pedal. This is not your everyday GTI brakes.

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
So can you get a kit together for the MKVI/MKVI? I'm willing to buy! ASAP! I shot you a PM but no response, hopefully public will get your attention ;)

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I think he said he prefers people source their own parts and just get the brackets from him. At least he listed what's needed!

xola3que

euroturd
PM replied.
I have employee discount to Ferrari F430 parking calipers. Let me know if you are out of luck finding these at car-part.com and want to go new.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
I can see why this is confusing.
If you prefer to buy the front from ECS, here is the link
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Braking/ECS_Stage_5/
But if you want to save money. You can buy the parts yourself and save thousands. I'm offering any helps and advices for those who needed, afterall, that's what this forum is about.
Don't even think about asking ECS to part out their kit, THEY WILL NOT. That's one of the reason why I wanted to do this in the first place.

The rear brake is a different story.
If you upgraded your front into 6 pots Cayenne w/ 350mm. Your car will have serious braking bias problem. The front will now do 90% of the braking while the rear just lugging along. This is dangerous, on or off track. Most people upgrade their rear into R32 312mm rotors but that still is inadequate pairing to the 6 pots front. So I designed the rear Cayenne brake myself. The first ever.

My day job, I'm a state licensed ME engineer specialized in heavy machinery/custom military equipments. I've been designing brake upgrades as a hobby since college days for our school competition track cars and numerous cars I owned. I have the design skills, access to machine shops, know where to get the quality parts cheap. So it's ridiculous for me to pay $5500 for a rear brake kit from Europe w/ a two months waiting list. When I first did this, I did it all alone w/ no helps but that what i do and I loved it. So yeah, this isn't exactly complete kit that you just buy, but if you shop all the parts yourself and get my bracket, you get yourself one hell of a brake system that turns every heads on the road.

I helped guys in Canada, UK, Norway, Turkey, Japan and Australia did this and they absolutely loved it. It's a one of a kind system and you will stand out.

Is there a particaler reason why you chose to relocate the rear brake caliper different location than stock and place the hand brake caliper there?

Wont be placing the braking caliper in the stock location and the parking brake at another other location be staying closer to stock setup?

xola3que

euroturd
Place the e-brake caliper at the stock location has many advantages:
-First and obvious, we can reuse the e-brake cable. Anywhere else we will have to customize and replace the stock cables, not a cheap and install-friendly solution.
-The stock mounting holes and its offset is ideal at the location.
-Clearance is adequate. Calipers and the suspension components have to have enough room to operate.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Place the e-brake caliper at the stock location has many advantages:
-First and obvious, we can reuse the e-brake cable. Anywhere else we will have to customize and replace the stock cables, not a cheap and install-friendly solution.
-The stock mounting holes and its offset is ideal at the location.
-Clearance is adequate. Calipers and the suspension components have to have enough room to operate.

Thanks for answering this question...

Would this clear the stock 18" Huffs?

Now I would like to see a video real life comparison vs OEM R32 Front and Rear brakes

Last edited:

xola3que

euroturd
It will clear the rear with Huffs, However, if you run the Stage5 at the front, your Huffs need some spacers anyway.

I had R32 brakes before this upgrade. The answer is obvious when you compare a 4 pots caliper with a single piston. Pairing this with the front 6 pots Cayenne, you will out-brake a Porsche 911