GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heads Up: Failing TSI Water Pumps

JhnR

Banned

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
I want to get into a 2015/2016 Golf R, but im torn, since it wont be here till next year sometimes. Not sure what to drive till then.

get something reliable for the time being, something like a COROLLA or CIVIC

and b4 you know it it will be 2015 and you'll get your GOLF R

anyways, good luck with whatever you're getting

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
VW has agreed to buy back my car under the lemon law. I got everything i put as down payment $17.000 plus all the payments i made up to date MINUS $4500 for the mileage used. 54k.

so i basically had this car for over two years and 53k miles for $4500.

Me 1 VW 0.

Good luck with all your damn pumps.

Nice, congratulations! 4 water pumps is way too much. As I mentioned before, Im on my third, and the bad fuel pump, and the bad radiator that went with the first water pump.. so I may be doing the same thing.

Anyway, not to steal your thunder. Cheers brother to a well earned victory! :thumbsup:

MattBurgess

Passed Driver's Ed
Check out motor trends results on the new gti.. dam impressive

MattBurgess

Passed Driver's Ed
I want to get into a 2015/2016 Golf R, but im torn, since it wont be here till next year sometimes. Not sure what to drive till then.

You tell me? Your talking about golf r's... All I was saying is the cheaper alternative is a new 2015 gti

JhnR

Banned
You tell me? Your talking about golf r's... All I was saying is the cheaper alternative is a new 2015 gti

LOL bro i was answering someone's question. Carry on.

Right now a 2015 is not cheaper..its priced pretty high. If i were to get a GTI when the R comes out, maybe it will be better.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Cheaper being the key word. Have you seen that interior? Ewww

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

I would definitelly get into something else besides another VW. :D

JhnR

Banned
I would definitelly get into something else besides another VW. :D

Maybe a Lexus is 350, new gen. But pretty pricey, id rather have the R. Or maybe go back to a 335. My BMW was a lemon as well :laugh:.

JT641

Banned
Going on my second water pump waiting to find out if it's being replaced with an updated version or the same one (hopefully not). Wonder if I could get them to buy back my car under the lemon law. Not sure if I'll buy anything from the VW Group including an Audi?. Not digging those Giant Sunroofs the A3 & MK7's have.

FTR: 1st pump lasted over 32k 2nd pump lasted about 7k

FYI: Just found out the TSI engine has a secondary water pump Has anyone had this replaced or at least checked out http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Cooling/Water_Pump/ES318789/

Here's an old video I have of my car, Anyone experience anything like this. Read description for more info.

Last edited:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Anyone has the part number of the o-ring connecting to the coolant pipe in front of the engine that we have to replace? Is it already in my list below?

PS how many liters of mixed water/coolant do I need?

So far I got the following list..

Water pump replacement:

MUST:

1. Water pump + termostat + temp sensor + gasket: 06H121026CQ [AVL] (x1)

2. Belt: 06H121605E [AVL] (x1)

3. UNION: 06H121131C [?] (x1)

PLUS:

4. Seal: WHT006407 [?] (x1)

5. Seal: 4E0121666 [?] (x2)

6. Screws: N10700202 [?] (x2)

7. Seal: N90316801 [?] (x1)

8. o-ring to coolant pipe in front of the engine

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
FWIW My dealership blaimed the failure on a slight oil leak coming from the cam bridge and chain cover. The oil was dripping down the block onto the seal of the waterpump causing the seal to fail.
Dealership replaced the seals of both and the oil leaks are now gone, hopefully that means my waterpump is now invincible