GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
tbh i'm kind of surprised more people haven't bought the hpa manifold. i planned on getting one this winter when it (hopefully) goes on sale. just to tap for meth though. i'll probably never pursue a 5th fuel injector.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Pulled my dv yesterday to find out why it's not working and found half the o-ring on the dv+ piston was gone and it was mounted backwards. I guess I've had a slight boost leak this whole time. I ordered a synapse diverter valve to replace it. Where can I get a resistor for the dv harness? Do I just have to gut a dv, plug it in and mount it somewhere? Can I just leave it unplugged?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
tbh i'm kind of surprised more people haven't bought the hpa manifold. i planned on getting one this winter when it (hopefully) goes on sale. just to tap for meth though. i'll probably never pursue a 5th fuel injector.

Because it's a crap product.

The casting is so bad people have had boost leaks through the manifold itself.

Also who's got the best throttle body meth spacer? Talked with JR and I can't swing DPI with an engine build going on at the same time. Unless I whore myself out.

Guess next year will be DPI meth with the Integrated manifold.

Last edited:

drepai

Go Kart Champion

Also who's got the best throttle body meth spacer? Talked with JR and I can't swing DPI with an engine build going on at the same time. Unless I whore myself out.

:word:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1595132&postcount=1325

INA probably makes the nicest spacer, USRT works great too. I would pick whichever one's cheaper.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Pulled my dv yesterday to find out why it's not working and found half the o-ring on the dv+ piston was gone and it was mounted backwards. I guess I've had a slight boost leak this whole time.

wow your car just loves munching on parts huh

sheesh i never heard all of that. I just new Hyde didn't keep his installed because after tapping it he couldn't fit the stock hardware under the runners with the meth bungs.

Halvie

WOOSA

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Closed shut until about 2.5k RPM. You can hold them open by disconnecting the arm that actuates the flaps on the drivers side of the manifold, or by holding it open with a zip tie. Car runs amazing when warmed up but for cold starts it'll misfire.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1188420

I think I have my dyno somewhere with the flaps help "open" there was a noticeable dip or flat spot in the torque curve. It probably feels amazing because its not smooth, it comes in slower then a big rush of power

APR's prototype (or at least the picture i saw) looked just like the carbonio. but who knows.

i'm still waiting for my hose to show up. i ordered it over a week ago and still haven't received shipping info.

The only one im aware of was on the MaxR and was cast, just powder coated black.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
So APR now wants an asinine amount of money for their rod install kit (went from $600 to $800). Looks like I'm piecing one together.

I'm just doing drop in rods as well. People who did this; did you touch your main bearings at all? No one makes any aftermarket mains for our engine. OEM ones are also $300. I know at least one person who just kept existing bearings in place, is that the norm?

drepai

Go Kart Champion
So APR now wants an asinine amount of money for their rod install kit (went from $600 to $800). Looks like I'm piecing one together.

I'm just doing drop in rods as well. People who did this; did you touch your main bearings at all? No one makes any aftermarket mains for our engine. OEM ones are also $300. I know at least one person who just kept existing bearings in place, is that the norm?
I left the main bearings alone

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
The only change I'm aware of was an increase in price when we added ARP2000 bolts. They're rather expensive.

yea I think originally it was oem bolts and arp werent available yet, but the price of oem went up a bunch, so def agree it seems more practical to charge a bit more and run ARP at that point.

P1NDLESK1N

Ready to race!
I think I have my dyno somewhere with the flaps help "open" there was a noticeable dip or flat spot in the torque curve. It probably feels amazing because its not smooth, it comes in slower then a big rush of power

It feels amazing because there ISN'T any big rush of power, just nice smooth throttle response. :iono:

If I were to log data in VCDS, what specific blocks should I be looking at? I'd really like to figure out why it feels like such a drivability improvement, despite everyones crys of no performnce gain.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
It feels amazing because there ISN'T any big rush of power, just nice smooth throttle response. :iono:

If I were to log data in VCDS, what specific blocks should I be looking at? I'd really like to figure out why it feels like such a drivability improvement, despite everyones crys of no performnce gain.

What turbo/setup do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.