GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Anyone down to do a big turbo get together and cruise on Friday at H20i? Figure meet go for a cruise then stop somewhere in OC on the way back and shoot the s*** for a bit.

This would be open to all big turbo vw/audi's , all truly come not like they would be kicked out or couldn't do the cruise.

If yes and you have a route idea post it up.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
The only one im aware of was on the MaxR and was cast, just powder coated black.

yep. idk why i thought i remembered it having the same finish as their intake.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63054

I'm just doing drop in rods as well. People who did this; did you touch your main bearings at all? No one makes any aftermarket mains for our engine. OEM ones are also $300. I know at least one person who just kept existing bearings in place, is that the norm?

like i said man i don't think you would need to touch it at all. with the head and oil pan off all you do is unbolt the rods from the crank.

Anyone down to do a big turbo get together and cruise on Friday at H20i? Figure meet go for a cruise then stop somewhere in OC on the way back and shoot the s*** for a bit.

This would be open to all big turbo vw/audi's , all truly come not like they would be kicked out or couldn't do the cruise.

down. but i've never been so i know nothing about locations. i can ask my buddy what he thinks.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion

Im down... just be mindful of us slower, less powerful guys :wub:

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
yep. idk why i thought i remembered it having the same finish as their intake.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63054

like i said man i don't think you would need to touch it at all. with the head and oil pan off all you do is unbolt the rods from the crank.

down. but i've never been so i know nothing about locations. i can ask my buddy what he thinks.

Im down... just be mindful of us slower, less powerful guys :wub:

Sounds good, yea not trying to loose you guys lol. Just fun cruise so its just not sitting in a parking lot seeing if you can fit a piece of paper under the car or not..... we can do that after and just hang out.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
Sounds good, yea not trying to loose you guys lol. Just fun cruise so its just not sitting in a parking lot seeing if you can fit a piece of paper under the car or not..... we can do that after and just hang out.

zomg so many loWz and cambErz. :trololol:

Yes. ... Def down for this

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I think I have my dyno somewhere with the flaps help "open" there was a noticeable dip or flat spot in the torque curve. It probably feels amazing because its not smooth, it comes in slower then a big rush of power

The flaps are a non issue on a dyno as they open as soon as you go WOT(they open at ~25% throttle valve position), so unless you're casual driving on the dyno, then I don't see how it would affect it. Also as a person who has driven with the flaps open for a while, I'll beg to differ that it's not smoother and slower in the lower end

Last edited:

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
The flaps are a non issue on a dyno as they open as soon as you go WOT(they open at ~25% throttle valve position), so unless you're casual driving on the dyno, then I don't see how it would affect it. Also as a person who has driven with the flaps open for a while, I'll beg to differ that it's not smoother and slower in the lower end

I dunno what to tell you then it made a noticeable difference, held open sacrificed low end, held closed sacrificed top end.

What measure block shows the flaps? Il check it tonight.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
The laptop is in the car but it's in the 100 range

EDIT: Actual is 142-1 and spec is 142-2

Last edited:

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
you mean studs? i believe i did the same as oem on mine. there's a screenshot from the bentley a few posts back.

whoa they def are not the same as oem. oem are stretch bolts that usually get Xtorque, then X amount of extra turn.

The ARP head studs are usually 2 or 3 steps of X torque then thats it.

Torque'ing arp hardware like oem can crack your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.