GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DRL into Fog Light

Stero1D-IL

so anybody can explain how to turn Fog Lights into DRL?
thanks, i was trying to search for this but couldn't find it!

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
This is done through VAG-COM. Exactly the proceedure...not sure. If someone in you area has VAG handy you may be able to have them help you out.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
From: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf/Golf_Plus_(5K/52)_Tweaks#Lighting

Lighting
All modifications are found in Found in Coding, Long Coding Helper unless otherwise noted.
Daytime Running Lights - The lamp systems are different:

Factory Xenon (or Halogen DRL's that are using the main low/dipped beam) – Byte 11
Factory Halogen (generally when using a separate bulb or filament for DRL only) – Byte 15

Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights active

Notes: After "Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights active" is enabled, the lights may work under the following conditions:

The headlights must be turned on and the steering wheel must be in the turning direction.
The headlights must be turned on and the turn signal must be on in the turning direction.
Also see Byte 17, Adaptive Light/Cornering Light Variant. This seems to control the fogs as cornering lights with turn signal.

Fogs as Daytime Running Lights for Xenon equipped vehicles or Halogen equipped using the main low/dipped beam

Byte 11 - Un-check "Daytime Running Lights (via Low Beam) active"
Byte 14 - Check "Daytime Running Lights (DRL) via Fog Lights active"

Fogs and Xenon Headlights as DRLs (Both) for Xenon equipped vehicles or Halogen equipped using the main low/dipped beam

Byte 11 - leave this alone (DRL's on)

Fogs as Daytime Running Lights for Halogen equipped vehicles or using a separate bulb or filament for DRL only

Disable Factory DRL's in Byte 15 - un-check "Daytime Running Lights (via separate lights) active"

Notes: Depending on the Byte 18 coding, this may result in all of the parking lights illuminating.

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
Bumping this instead of creating a new thread. Is there a way to remove the bulb error on the dashboard after doing this?
Thanks for your help

tunner2307

Ready to race!
Bumping this instead of creating a new thread. Is there a way to remove the bulb error on the dashboard after doing this?
Thanks for your help

When it's done correctly there should be no bulb error on the dashboard.
Make sure you did the proper coding or check the bulbs.

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
When it's done correctly there should be no bulb error on the dashboard.
Make sure you did the proper coding or check the bulbs.

I followed the instruction from Ross Tech on this post http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553-VCDS-MKVI-MK6-Platform-Handy-Coding-tweaks

I also did the one from this post
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Beginners&p=67368992&viewfull=1#post67368992

I don't have any hardware/bulbs issues. They all work fine when I switch to the factory code for the Central Elec module.

Can you please point me to the correct coding?

Thanks!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I am having a similar problem. any guidance would be appreciated.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I am having a similar problem. any guidance would be appreciated.

I have coded many cars to do this and always followed this reference. Never had any issues. Hope it helps.

Lighting: Fogs as DRLs
Description: Use your fog lights instead of your low beams for DRLs

For Xenon equipped vehicles or Halogen equipped using the main low/dipped beam:
Check bit 1 of byte 14 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Un-check bit 2 of byte 11 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper (or leave checked to run BOTH fogs and low beams)
Pic tutorial: Fogs as DRLs for Xenon-equipped Vehicles

For Halogen equipped vehicles or using a separate bulb or filament for DRL only:
Uncheck bit 6 of byte 15 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Pic tutorial: Fogs as DRLs for Halogen-equipped Vehicles
Note: Depending on the Byte 18 coding, this may result in all of the parking lights illuminating.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have coded many cars to do this and always followed this reference. Never had any issues. Hope it helps.

Lighting: Fogs as DRLs
Description: Use your fog lights instead of your low beams for DRLs

For Xenon equipped vehicles or Halogen equipped using the main low/dipped beam:
Un-check bit 2 of byte 11 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper (or leave checked to run BOTH fogs and low beams)
Pic tutorial: Fogs as DRLs for Xenon-equipped Vehicles

For Halogen equipped vehicles or using a separate bulb or filament for DRL only:
Uncheck bit 6 of byte 15 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Pic tutorial: Fogs as DRLs for Halogen-equipped Vehicles
Note: Depending on the Byte 18 coding, this may result in all of the parking lights illuminating.

Thats what i used - did halogen on accident the first time and it was wrong because im a moro. And forgot i have xenons. Coded for xenons which wirked and now the light error is still there. Any ideas?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Thats what i used - did halogen on accident the first time and it was wrong because im a moro. And forgot i have xenons. Coded for xenons which wirked and now the light error is still there. Any ideas?

Did you un do the halogen coding that you previously did before coding for xenons? Get in the habit of always saving the original long coding on a text file before you make any changes, that way you can just easily revert back if you screw something up.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i reverted back, yeah. will tinker around with this tomorrow after work, i guess.

would my city lights box need to be checked for this?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
put it back to what i had before, or so i thought because it didn't fault last night when i did it but the faults are back this morning.. possible i messed up the module?