GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DO NOT BUY FROM P2SPEC (p2spec.com)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
This guy is clearly a fraud. Regardless of whether or not he refunds you, he is still a fraud and is probably using money taken from one of his other "companies" to issue any "refunds". In doing this, he screws over someone else while making it look like he's trying to help everyone out. He's clearly just trying to push his criminal issues a little further. Don't let him get away with this. He knows what he is doing and he will likely start a new "internet company" and this whole process will replay like its on repeat.

Anybody who had issues with P2Spec, "Ben", "Frank", whoever and got ripped off.. Make a claim according to Bender's instructions!

Good morning all,

Yesterday I had a series of conversations with Ben to try to get to a resolution. Specifically, I offered to help him come up with a payment plan to reimburse the victimized individuals over time. He refused that request and continued to deny his involvement even though he contradicted himself multiple times. I issued him one last request last night around 4:30 PM PST and he has declined to respond. Unfortunately he had many chances to own up and make this right with loss only of his reputation and has decided not to. Further action must be taken.

Ben/P2Spec are located in Orange County CA which has a strong Consumer Protection Unit within the District Attorney's office. In order to be sure it is handled in a an appropriate manner (a Felony based on the amount that appears to be outstanding) there are some steps to take.

FIRST go to this site: http://orangecountyda.com/home/index.asp?page=117
THEN Download and fill out in pen COMPLETELY AND NEATLY the "Consumer Complaint Form."
THEN scan a copy to me (mcginlep AT gmail DOT com) (also keep a copy for yourself)
THEN mail it to:
Attn: Consumer Protection Unit
Orange County District Attorney’s Office
401 Civic Center Dr. W
Santa Ana, CA 92701

They need a PHYSICAL copy so it must be mailed/ups/fedex.

This will be a process so continue to run down your refutes/charge-backs with Pay Pal or your Credit Card Company. Getting your money back via prosecution can take a while.

I want a scan so I can put together a case file and send it to the DA so they can see the fraud as a whole. This will allow them to connect the dots as the physical copies come in.

I was talking with VMR last night. We came to the conclusion that, although its a real shame, its pretty impressive how we can all come together and help each other out when in need. We may have been taken advantage of, but it says something for all of us that we can come together like this as a community.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
So I'll throw my lot in this thread. I ordered a set of Matte Black 710's through Ben on July 29th. Paypal'd him the money and he let me know it would be about 3 weeks before I would get them. During the buy process he was always there, through email, phone, and pm here on the board. It was awesome.

So 3 weeks come and go. No update from Ben on a projected shipment. So on Sept 1st I emailed him to see where my wheels were, no answer. I then saw this thread and was like "aww shit." I pm'd him through the forum and he responded reasonable fast. I said I wasnt comfortable with all the news I was hearing here on the forum and so refunded me my money through paypal which should clear on the 13th (47 days after paying).

I got to thinking, what if the money doesnt clear on the 13th? What if he manages to pull the money back somehow by closing the account or by some other means. I hadnt started a dispute with Paypal and it would be after the 45 day period... Basically I'd be screwed. Just 10 minutes ago I got off the phone with PayPal. I opened a dispute just in case that refund doesn't come through.

I'm so thankful you guys let me know what was really going on. If he had just dragged my payment out a few more days I'd be screwed.

What really sucks is that I thought the guy was 100% legit. I ordered a set of ST coils through him and received them like 5 days after paying. I ordered the coils a week AFTER the wheels so honestly I thought he was legit. I'm a patient guy so I would of waited even longer for the wheels cause I got the coils which made me think he was honest.

Moral of the story... dont trust anyone.

Uberryan

Banned
Pretty much guaranteeing that "ben" and "eric" never return to this thread to answer questions. Pretty sure I won't be getting any responses to my other inquiries made, either.

I assume the mods or admins can check the IPs of the users who post here, can they check those belonging to both "ben's" account and "eric's?" It would at least allow this story to be revealed. Kinda seems like a serious matter if the forum sponsors or vendors are betraying the forum.

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
Holy shit this is crazy. I hope this guy gets taken down, and hard. Nobody deserves this and he should be put in the slammer.

pressure drop

Ready to race!
I wouldn't be surprised if he started this scheme with the best intentions, mismanaged his business finances and then started using the money coming in from the NEXT order to fulfill the previous one. I strongly feel that's what happened with my order. The cash he took from my transaction fulfilled the previous order...the next order paid for my wheels. Eventually, further mismanagement caused his house of cards to come crashing down on his head...and here we are now.
The Bernie Madoff of aftermarket parts.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
With P2Spec down the toilet and PYSpeed revealed as an alter ego/closely realted to Ben/Frank/King, who sells VMRs in Calif that u can trust? VMR themselves only? So why does VMR need vendors at all when it's the same price everywhere?

Edit: It's not like the shit's made in OC any way. The box my VB3s came in said Made in Taiwan IIRC. So VMR is just a distributor too, I think. Reading this thread has made me feel dirty. I need to take a shower and watch something wholesome, Sound of Music? Old Yeller?

Last edited:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
pretty sure this thread got 2000+ views just today.

Lol I posted this on all my mb forums, probably helped a bit. I feel obligated to help my fellow car guys, hope y'all don't mind

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
im curious whats going on between PYspeed and p2spec..

I also thought the same thing that they might have been tied together since they came on board as sponsors around the same time on here and close names

BUT if PYspeed is legit....isn't it just possible that P2Spec copied their whole setup?

I've only heard of/known P2Spec thru this forum only....same for PYSpeed

Just throwing that out there

On a side note.....sucks for all the guys that got taken.....that's some shady b.s.
I'm glad I didn't order my coilovers from P2Spec though...."Ben" seemed so unclear in his PM's and didn't respond right away....very fishy

:thumbsup: to Redline Motorworks instead

cbursten

Banned
Hop on PYSpeed's facebook page and start asking questions. I did, and whoever runs their page got very defensive.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Hop on PYSpeed's facebook page and start asking questions. I did, and whoever runs their page got very defensive.

I noticed that happened yesterday...someone asked what the deal was with all the talk about them scamming people on forums. They gave a very short "that's another company..." answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.