GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I'm using 65% methanol I tried 70% but didn't notice any difference, so I probably don't need any more than I'm using now. I do mine by volume as well

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
It's so hot down here I might try a bit more water just to see if it can pull a little more heat out. I usually do 70/30. I might try 50/50. It's 10:42 and it's already 93* outside!!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
It's so hot down here I might try a bit more water just to see if it can pull a little more heat out. I usually do 70/30. I might try 50/50. It's 10:42 and it's already 93* outside!!

If you live in that kind of climate, you will get much better results with 50/50. Methanol doesn't even come close to water when it comes to coolling ability. It gets over 100F where I live and I have experimented with all kinds of ratios on 3 different cars running W/M and 50/50 really does the trick. Provides the cooling and the high octane fueling to suppress pre-ignition and allow max advance timing to get the most out of my tunes.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I'm using a 50/50 mix due to our hot climate here. I wanted to try the 70/30 but didn't get any encouragement by my tuner as he said that I'll need a lot of cooling affect.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
If you live in that kind of climate, you will get much better results with 50/50. Methanol doesn't even come close to water when it comes to coolling ability. It gets over 100F where I live and I have experimented with all kinds of ratios on 3 different cars running W/M and 50/50 really does the trick. Provides the cooling and the high octane fueling to suppress pre-ignition and allow max advance timing to get the most out of my tunes.

I'm using a 50/50 mix due to our hot climate here. I wanted to try the 70/30 but didn't get any encouragement by my tuner as he said that I'll need a lot of cooling affect.

Yes and no, ABILITY yes water has a higher latent heat value by alot but meth with truly cool more than water. As in lower temps not ability per droplet. More water you can also put out the flame so to say.

For all those running it for cooling and 50/50 try straight meth and you will like it alot.

For water you really need it super hot, not a 93 file. Straight water or close to it you want to be lean and hot.

This is not set in stone but is a general guideline. IMO jet a little bigger and run 70/30 for best results.

JR since we are in the same geo area, what did you find? 50/50 or 70/30?

70/30 is better from what I have seen all over the country.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Is a 100ml nozzle in the spaxer and 175 in the tbp enough for a k04 or should i go larger in the tbp?

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Yes and no, ABILITY yes water has a higher latent heat value by alot but meth with truly cool more than water. As in lower temps not ability per droplet. More water you can also put out the flame so to say.

For all those running it for cooling and 50/50 try straight meth and you will like it alot.

For water you really need it super hot, not a 93 file. Straight water or close to it you want to be lean and hot.

This is not set in stone but is a general guideline. IMO jet a little bigger and run 70/30 for best results.

Interesting. I'm tempted to try different mixtures and see the difference. Atm, I'm waiting for my custom tune and it shall be a 100 file before playing around with the mix. Quite satisfied with 50/50 at the moment but no harm filling a tank once with 70/30 mix.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. I'm tempted to try different mixtures and see the difference. Atm, I'm waiting for my custom tune and it shall be a 100 file before playing around with the mix. Quite satisfied with 50/50 at the moment but no harm filling a tank once with 70/30 mix.

I am currently 70/30 and by far the best I have seen.

I'm changing up my jetting at the moment, going to run 2 FAV valves in parallel and .7mm jets (with cv's) for DPI and .8mm TBP and .5mm pre IC ( with a 15psi hobs switch on, post FAV)

Go big or go home :D

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I am currently 70/30 and by far the best I have seen.

I'm changing up my jetting at the moment, going to run 2 FAV valves in parallel and .7mm jets (with cv's) for DPI and .8mm TBP and .5mm pre IC ( with a 15psi hobs switch on, post FAV)

Go big or go home :D

Haha that a lot. Well I've got a quote for a BT and it will cost me approx $9000! That's too much for now at least. If I decided to go that route, I'll definitely have a new nozzle setup.