GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you have a longer daily route now with a GTI?

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Now that I have a GTI, I take a route that's about 8 miles longer because it is much more enjoyable, but it is definitely worth the extra 15 minutes driven. Have you guys done anything like this?

johnpc

Only if I leave late enough that traffic clears out a bit. Otherwise, those extra miles just add several slow minutes to the commute home.

ps23

Ready to race!
I already drive 30 miles one way as it is but good enough to enjoy the GTI. It has several tight turns and esses through the backroads and at least 3 high speed freeway on ramps that is mostly empty so I can lay on it and merged on the freeway at 70-80 mph. My OEM A/S tires are almost shaved on the shoulders from taking these corners daily. Love it!

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
I add a few miles by avoiding my exit and going one further to take backroads.

I don't do it for fun however, I do it to avoid the bored town cops who line the main business route because I'd prefer to play it safe.

AdamC

Ready to race!
I had to pick up a friend from the airport in Phoenix on Wednesday, and took a long twisty way to get up there instead of boring 75mph I-10. Cost me an extra ~50 miles and an hour, but so worth it.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
i take a shorter route so i keep miles off it :lol:

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sometimes, but not often... mostly due to crappy traffic in this area. But if there were less-congested back-roads, I'd definitely take them.

My OEM A/S tires are almost shaved on the shoulders from taking these corners daily. Love it!

Sounds like someone's having :happyanim:

skantron

Ready to race!
I drive 140 miles a day. I don't need to add any more to my commute :D. But I still love driving it all the time.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
52 miles one way 45 of it is on the interestate, but I still love it!!

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2.4 mile commute, when I want to drive for fun I just go somewhere else either at lunch or after work.

Lol yup I'm 2.7m just down the street to my warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
A longer commute for me would involve side streets dodging potholes, people and parked cars. The joys of in-city living! I just want to get where I'm going as efficiently as possible.