GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune Comparison Chart

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
I liked the downpipe chart so much I decided to start on one for software.

The hp/tq numbers are at the crank. The boost is "specified boost". I had a hard time finding "official" numbers from the tuning companies for some of the tunes so if you can help me out please PM me and I'll fill in the numbers. Sorry if I'm missing any tunes/companies. Please feel free to PM me if anything is missing.

Also any ideas of how to improve the chart would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Nice work,i was trying to figure out some numbers you already have,thanks for sharing.!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You may want to say 220/230 for stock then since you're quoting "at crankshaft" figures.

speed4568

Ready to race!
Revo stage 1 and 2 peaks 23 psi

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
"Stock" is always quoted at the crank...

Right but if you look at those figures it looks like the APR tune stage 1 tune is adding an ungodly amount of power. Because the factory #s are under-rated.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Right but if you look at those figures it looks like the APR tune stage 1 tune is adding an ungodly amount of power. Because the factory #s are under-rated.

I was thinking about this the other night...pretty sure the 200hp quote is with the windows down a/c blasting off recirc and 95 degrees outside with 100% humidity. I'm sure anyone who has driven a turbocharged car has noticed the drastic difference in power at different ambient conditions. Turbo cars are simply more sensitive to heat differences than naturally aspirated cars. The GTI probably does produce 220/230 but just with lower temps. Same with BMW's N54 twin turbo motors, everyone said they were underrated but were probably rated accurately for hot climates.

As far as APR's #s I would say they are more likely somewhere in the middle, if anything they're closer to the high end of the spectrum and are assuming near-optimal ambient conditions.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Keep the info coming guys. I would like to only use published numbers from the tuners themselves if anyone has access to those numbers or copies of posts that the tuners have posted the numbers in.

Bender1

Banned
Keep the info coming guys. I would like to only use published numbers from the tuners themselves if anyone has access to those numbers or copies of posts that the tuners have posted the numbers in.

Though this is the right way to do it, its also going to lead to the least accurate results.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Though this is the right way to do it, its also going to lead to the least accurate results.

I think it will be fairly accurate using advertised crank numbers. Far more accurate than any member giving numbers from any independent wheel dyno.