GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Golf R bumper an Eds option 3 headlights
Get closer! I wanna see!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I've been looking into this a bit. How effective is this supposed to be at preventing the carbon buildup issue on the top of the lifters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
They don't do much...driving hard, aka the italian tune up, is the only way to keep deposits at bay.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Check! I am pretty much always super eager to leave work. [emoji57]

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
I've been looking into this a bit. How effective is this supposed to be at preventing the carbon buildup issue on the top of the lifters?

The conclusion that most people agree with is it does little to no impact. But, and there's a big but, anything a catch can would catch would get burned during combustion. This isn't good for your cat, this isn't good for your engine, and it's just not good for the overall health of your car.

Whether or not it does help carbon build up, it makes me happy knowing that my engine will run as efficiently as possible.

And... because screw the PCV system.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
My thought is a catch can may delay the carbon buildup, but eventually even engines equipped with one will still need a good old fashioned carbon cleaning. Same goes for those Italian drivers among us.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Flushed my fluid and changed pads. Hope this holds me over on the track but I see a BBK at the end of the tunnel enticing me in...

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Yup, VWOA even wrote that in their patent regarding direct injection engines.
See! I always knew there was a reason I drive like a bat out of hell. I just never knew it til now. :thumbup: #racecar

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Installed CSG fender markers and CSG rear bumper deflectors, and then I installed a rear wiper delete kit from kill all wipers.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Installed CSG fender markers and CSG rear bumper deflectors, and then I installed a rear wiper delete kit from kill all wipers.

A couple shitty pics...