GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Yea the VW dealer quoted that much. Idk if I trust them over myself doing it but Idk about a local shop either unless they've done them before. I have the old version, the ratcheting one.
Hey bro, just do it yourself. Wont cost more than $400. Truat me, you dont want that thing going out. Thats why im rebuilding my head as we speak.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
just reminded me to order my catch can... USP had the Spulen spherical kit on sale - just over 300, shipped! sold! been tracking the price on this for a bit, has been hovering just under 400, seemed like the time to buy unless i wanted to wait for this to maybe be in some kind of black friday sale.. or risk it not being in there...

will not be a mod done this year as i need to make sure the car is going to last the winter as is... installing in the spring so i can work out the kinks with it and not potentially have to deal with the lines freezing up.

beygan

Ready to race!
Just picked this up on a run with my friends at Angeles Crest today.

Do you think it'll be fine to drive on?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
I would drive it straight to a tire shop if it were me. Definitely avoid aggressive driving till it's fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there's any fix to a side wall bubble but I might be wrong

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Yea the VW dealer quoted that much. Idk if I trust them over myself doing it but Idk about a local shop either unless they've done them before. I have the old version, the ratcheting one.

I feel you, at times the stealership can be a necessary evil, this applies for the Indi shops too. Weight your local options and project this job to be done soon. Best of wishes!

Jared32

Ready to race!
Forgot to post yesterday but installed ecs aspherical mirrors.. love them so far... btw ecs shipping is extremely slow!!

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Forgot to post yesterday but installed ecs aspherical mirrors.. love them so far... btw ecs shipping is extremely slow!!

Really like those! What did they run you?

Jared32

Ready to race!
I think they were $90 I really like them so far still getting used to them but I definitely think they will be useful in heavy traffic...

DELETE

Autocross Champion

I have one in my passenger side. Not blue tint but it works great and actually saved me once already.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
What's the benefit of an aspherical mirror?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Depending on the type, the mirror being aspherical helps widen the view of the mirror by its "baseball" like shaping. Hard to tell in pics but once installed, after the dotted lines the mirror bends and allows for more vision into the blind spot although the images viewed are a bit stretched it lets you see those objects when you otherwise wouldn't have.

Jared32

Ready to race!
What's the benefit of an aspherical mirror?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

You can see in what normally is your blind spot.. it's like those stick on bubbles just built in

Jared32

Ready to race!
Depending on the type, the mirror being aspherical helps widen the view of the mirror by its "baseball" like shaping. Hard to tell in pics but once installed, after the dotted lines the mirror bends and allows for more vision into the blind spot although the images viewed are a bit stretched it lets you see those objects when you otherwise wouldn't have.

Beat me to it!![emoji23][emoji23]